Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V60P problem

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Craptain, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I've been having troubles the last two days with my 60p. Yesterday I was at work and got a call, but was not able to answer it, so it went to VM. When I went to check my VM, it would ring once and then nothing. I tried to make some other test calls and had the same problem. I took my phone to a VZW store, where one of the techs swithced it for a refurb unit and everything was working fine. (I had to add PTT so they would swap it out) Did I mention CS is awesome? NO? well they are. Now here it is, 24 hrs later and I'm having the same problem, one ring then nothing and the call ends.

My question.. Is there anything that I could be doing that is causing this? The only thing that I have changed is that now "I'm IN." Do you think I would be better off trying to call CS and see if they will do the 60p for 60s swap that I've read about? Also, is it possible that the problem is not with the phone?

BTW everyone I talked to noticed that I was using a different phone. They said that it was much better and could not even tell I was using speakerphone.

2. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    El Capitan, it definitely sounds like a problem with your phone, but I'm a little confused. You had a V60p w/o PTT and now you had to add PTT to get a V60p back? That's like an extra $35 per month including taxes. If I'm reading this right, I would have just gone with the V60s.

3. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I would have loved to just get a 60s, but the store did not have any. They also told me "I can't have a V60p on a non-PTT plan." Understandable, so I added PTT for an extra $20. When I got home, called CS and had them drop PTT. [​IMG] No harm, no foul, but I don't want to go in again today, see the same tech and have to explain myself again. Needless to say, I wasted an hour of my life restoring the phone book, changing the settings and re-downloading my ringtones.

I have the day off of work, so I think I'll just go in again. [​IMG]

4. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, that's great. I can't believe they let you simply drop the PTT. I tried forever and CS refused. They did let me switch to the V60s and refunded me the difference though. Which was awesome CS in my opinion.

5. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I went to a different Verizon store and the tech there just reset my account. That fixed my problems. This new V60p is so much better than my old one, I didn't know what I was missing [​IMG] This extra mile that VZW goes really makes a difference. I know they had every right to just tell me "you can't do that," so I'll be sticking with them until that changes. Do employees get any perks from customers sending letters of appriciation? If so, where do I send mine? [​IMG]

Jrapp, does that mean you still have a PTT plan? I hope not, that would be appalling. Awesome that you got those V60S'.

6. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No. I got out of that. Both my wife and I (actually my whole family) had V60p w/ PTT. Returned them all. 11 in all I think. But CS got me into a Family Share plan with my wife. Also tracked down 2 V60s's for me too. I agree. Verizon CS rocks.

7. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    I know when I got my software updated on my v60p and took off the PTT the phone is awesome! Just like my old v60i except for the whole no ringer problem every now and then, but ive learned to just turn it off every now and then. Us reps do get praise from above when a customer leaves a happy message. Just call the store and ask to talk to a manager.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    It was found that if you change your Key Volume to anything but 0, the problem goes away. I noticed the problem with my new 60p, but when I changed the key volume to 1, I could not reproduce the problem.

9. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That makes me feel even better about Verizon Wireless. When you guys do a good job, you should be recognized. I did everything over the phone during my PTT fiasco, but the three reps I dealt with were all top notch. I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor just to say how well everything went. I dont' know if this has the same effect as speaking with a manager, but I sure hope so.

You can read my praise in this thread.