Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V60i questions

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by danooo, Jun 11, 2003.

1. danooo

danooo New Member

Hi

I purchased a V60i two weeks ago. I am having a few problems with it and wanted to know from anyone with experience with this phone whether this is normal or if I should take it back to Best Buy and exchange it. My problems are:

1) The battery meter. I can fully charge the battery, turn on the phone and the meter says full. Two hours later I am down to one bar on the battery meter. I turn off the phone and turn it back on and it shows a full battery on the meter. Is this normal for this phone?

2) Once in a while when I am closing the case the phone will lose power and shut off, only to turn right back on again on its own. Is this normal for this phone?

Thanks for any help.

2. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Decepticon Air Commander

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    No, neither of those are normal. Your phone is defective. Exchange it.

3. danooo

danooo New Member

Thanks Ceno,

I will exchange it.

4. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 7 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Visible
    For many of us, the battery meter problem is "normal". There are other threads about this if you want to search for them, but in short, the battery meter does not work properly on many v60ic phones. So, your new phone may also have the battery meter issue.

The power off/on is definitely a problem and not normal behavior.

5. vinceo03

vinceo03 Junior Member

ya didnt the new software update take care of the battery meter problem?? I believe it did, but it also created a new problem by forcing the phone into analog mode and not being able to get it out of Analog except for reflashing to the old software.

6. Cenobyte

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yes, it did fix the battery meter problem.

7. danooo

danooo New Member

I dont have a problem with the phone getting stuck in anolog mode, but I am curious how do you "reflash" the software?

Last night my battery meter was down to 1 bar after three days of minimal use so I plugged it into the charger thinking it would take at least an hour to completely recharge. Within 10 minutes it beeped and said "charge complete". Now today it is down to 1 bar again.

8. vinceo03

vinceo03 Junior Member

ya Danooo I had the same problem with my standard battery it would go down without even using it...I just went and bought the extended battery and its awesome...

9. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 7 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Visible
    The new software, 2200.01.2F, did take care of some text messaging problems, but did not help the battery meter problem on my phone. I also have not seen the issue of switching to analog. It seems that this update has varying effects on different phones.

10. danooo

danooo New Member

"The new software, 2200.01.2F, did take care of some text messaging problems, but did not help the battery meter problem on my phone"

I am curious as to how you find out which software version you have and if you dont have the latest is there any way to get it into the phone?

I went ahead and exchanged my v60i for another one at Best Buy. I believe the problem I had went beyond the battery meter. Yesterday I let it charge until it said "charge complete" then after talking on it for only a few minutes I got a "battery low" warning.

11. Tadlock2699

Tadlock2699 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone Xs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Danooo: Are you sure your exchange at BestBuy was for a new v60i, or a refurbished one? Sometimes the refurbished ones, aren't so refurbished and have their own set of problems.

--J.T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Cenobyte

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    How is the new one working out? Does it have any problems?

13. danooo

danooo New Member

I have had my new V60i since Friday. I did a full charge on it that night and turned it on Saturday morning (today is Wednesday). I have talked for about 2 1/2 hours on it since then and the battery meter has only gone down one notch. I believe the battery meter is working properly on this phone, wheras my old one wasnt.

14. Cenobyte

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Good, sounds like the problem is fixed.

15. Tadlock2699

My Phone:
    iPhone Xs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    GREAT FOR YOU DANOOO! HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR PROBLEM-FREE V60i...I WISH I HAD ONE. *looks enviously at Danooo[​IMG]*

--J.T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. linus21

linus21 New Member

Hi all,

So I too have a v60i with the battery meter problem. I can talk for four full hours on the battery it came with. But after the first hour, it registers ZERO on the battery meter. Powercycling does get the meter back to where it should be, but this is very annoying and I'm still within my 15 day thing, so should I exchange it for another?

Thanks

P.S.
    It already has the new firmware version.

17. Tadlock2699

My Phone:
    iPhone Xs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    I suggest you go and have it looked at, and depending on what the phone's circumstances are, they will exchange it. That sounds like, a defective phone, or maybe the firmware didn't flash correctly, but, yes, take it in and have it checked out.

--J.T

18. jett456

jett456 New Member

I heard today at cingular that all motorala v60i s will be recalled in the next few days. I went in there to upgrade my son's phone and after they jerked me around for awhile on the price I left and went and called customer service. They told me they couldn't sell me one now that they know it will be recalled. Has anyone heard this?

19. Cenobyte

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    May be something isolated to Cingular's version of the phone.

20. Tadlock2699

My Phone:
    iPhone Xs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Along with Ceno's answer, the customer service rep(s) could be mistaken, or mis informed. Search around to a few other Cingular stores in your area and see what turns up [​IMG]

--J.T

21. Swordmasterblack

Swordmasterblack Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V505/v551/v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular/AT&T Wireless Verizon Wireless
    anybody have the program codes for the cingular verison of the v60?

22. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Not just Cingular's versions of the phones, although it is carrier specific. With our programming it was corrupted and we figured it out a few months ago... which is why I still can't get a v60i. Cingular, apparently just discovered it, but Verizon, etc. should be fine, unless their carrier-specific programming was corrupted or incorrect also.