Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V600 Unlock

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by GSMFreak, May 19, 2004.

1. GSMFreak

GSMFreak New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (GSM Nation)
    I just purchased a V600 over the counter from Cingular. I asked the tech if the phone was unlocked and he said that Cingular locks their phones. I read somewhere on this forum that Cingular hasn't been locking their GSM phones. I do have a friend that has GSM service under a different carrier but I won't see him until next week. I was going to borrow his SIM card and try it in my phone just to see if it is really locked.

My questions are - am I going to find that my phone is already unlocked and the tech was just feeding me BS.

If I do find the phone locked can someone point me to a service that will unlock it for me?

I can understand locking a phone if it was purchased at a reduced priced with a contract, but having it locked on a full price purchase pisses me off.

Thanks!