Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V262 settings...what did i do??

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by kklessig, May 3, 2007.

1. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel since May, 2006 (Cellular One 10 yrs prior)
    :loony: ...and how do i fix it? :help:

I know how to get into the "set up" menu. I occasionally turn on test mode to check stuff out. I don't know if I changed a setting or not to cause this to happen to my phone....but I very well could be the cause.

My phone does not ring to any in-coming calls and I can receive no messages in my inbox.

When I try to call any number, other cell or land line, I press the numbers and press send, it waits 2-3 secs just like normal, but instead of hearing a ring as if the call is going thru, I hear a fast busy signal like the one you hear for "all circuits are busy."

My phone apparently gets reception still as the power bars go up and down. My battery goes dead and can be recharged. It seems like my phone is totally normal except for the fact I can no longer make any calls or receive any calls.

So, please help!! What did I do???:nono:

2. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    You may have changed a setting by accident. Try to reactivate your phone:

Dial *228 [SND]

The phone's display will ask "Start Activation?"

Press Yes.

Wait for the voice prompt, then press 3 (or whatever number it tells you to use in your market) to activate your phone.

If this works you should again be able to make and receive calls and texts. If not, call 1-800-ALLTEL1 from another phone, select option 3 and keep navigating the menu selections until you get a tech support person, who can assist you further with troubleshooting the problem. Tech support is open 24 X 7.

royc

3. kklessig

kklessig Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel since May, 2006 (Cellular One 10 yrs prior)
    Thank you SO MUCH RoyC!! I never thought about doing the *reactivation* thing and that worked!! I read your msg as I was heading out the door and didn't read it thoroughly. In fact, I skipped the line where you told me to press 3 to activate my phone. When I did call *228 on my way in the car, I thought fast and pressed 3 just by gut reaction. My phone immediately started working!!

Thanks again for helping me with my phone:hero:

4. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    I'm glad I was able to help.

royc