Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V-A-S-Verizon-AT&T-Sprint-VoicStreem

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Quest, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Quest

Quest New Member

Is there a comparison chart(spreadsheet) between these four service providers(Verizon-AT&T-Sprint-VoicStreem) covering New York, New Jersey and Pensylvania?

I have been using Verizon for few years. The service is deteriorating and the charges are high.

How is AT&T, Sprint and Voice Stream in comparison to Verizon specially for use in New Jersey surroundings including NYC and Philadelphia. Is there a comparison chart to look at?

Thanks for the help

2. Uwdsr

Uwdsr Member

Sprint is horrible. Stay away from them, despite how cheap their plans seem to be. AT&T is okay in the Philly and surrounding areas, but certainly not as good as Verizon. I just replaced my Verizon phone with Voicestream, and I am pleasantly surprised. The phone is perfect, the service is flawless, and the plans are inexpensive. It works great in the Philly area and in the Midwest. Also, Voicestream's GSM technology is what is used in most of the world, and AT&T and Cingular are moving toward it. By the way, don't get Cingular either. I'd either stick with Verizon or get Voicestream.

3. PBeccalli

PBeccalli New Member

I agree. I have Sprint and they will not stop dropping calls on me. I am looking to get voicestream. My work phone is AT&T. I do not think they are bad. Good coverage but expensive service. My sister has Verizon. She loves it.

4. GJMOO7

GJMOO7 Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I don't understand why everyone is having so much trouble with sprint pcs.
    I Travel all over the tri-state area and i rarely have any problems.I
    experience very little drop calls,even though it does exist.My major
    problem with sprint is that it takes approx.3-4 rings on the callers end
    for the handset to get 1 ring.Lately it;s been getting a little better.The
    are now at a 2-1 ratio_Other than that,i have no trouble in making and
    receiving calls anywhere in the entire state of NY,NJ,CT,MA,PA.I had more
    problems with verizon than with sprint.I was crazy about voicestream until
    this past friday when i went up to warwick,ny.After i got off the highway,
    the phone went dead.Voicestream does not have that good of coverage while
    away from the highway's.If everyone gives sprint a chance,you will see an
    improvement with the service.Also,if there is no service on the network,
    than the phones can be used on the roaming network.Either way,there is coverage no matter where you go.Bye the way,i had full signal strength on
    my sprint phone while voicestream was dead.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I can not understand all of the complains about Sprint either. Just two weeks ego I switched from Verizon, which I had for over two years, to Sprint PCS. Yes, I did researched which service I should pick, including this board. You might say I went against recommendation :). So far the quality of the voices on both ends are a lot better than Verizon's used to be. There's no static, echos, etc, in the line. Maybe I had two or three dropped calls, which is actually less what I had with Verizon for the same time period. The phone is used in the Tri-State area so far, but will go beyond that soon.
    As for the pricing matrix.... Sprint is a lot cheaper than Verizon, especially on the nationwide coverage. $100.00 for 900 @verizon vs. $75.00 for 1000 minutes during weekdays hours. The customer service isn't as bad as some people described around here. The most I've been on hold is around five minutes, again, that pretty much in line with Verizon. Accessing the account information on the web is great, especially seeing the minutes used/remaining.
    All in all, I happy I made the switch.

Warum?

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hey Anonymous,

Make sure you stick around here for a while. LOL You're right the customer service wait time isn't nearly as bad these days. Just last week I called *2 for an OTA PRL update and got thru in 2 minutes.

Larry

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont like Verizon. I live in Yonkers, NY. I have a startac and it doesnt work with my phone. I have dropped calls and static sound. I went to a verizon office and a technicial upgrade the software but i still have the problem. I called again to verizon and he told me they have problem with motorola's phone. Verizon suck me!!! I'm thinking to cancell my 2 years contract but Im afraid to have the same problem with another service provider. I dont recommend verizon in Yonkers, NY.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Sprint blows I've had nothing but problems since I got this stupid phone (TP1100). I kept having a problem receiving calls, and alot of times wouldn't get my voicemail until the following day. I don't know if it 's the service or the model of phone. Sprint says it is the phone and keep's sending me new one's but I keep having the same problem. SPRINT SUCKS stay away![​IMG]

9. Jim

Jim Member

I live in New Jersey & use Voicestream. Have been very pleased with it. I Travel on the East coast & always have coverage. For $40/month I get 500 anytime minutes & unlimited weekend. Excellent customer service-usually get a rep within 1 minute.

10. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Sprint sucks. My friend at work has calls droped on her all the time

SweeTBoXx

11. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I just got Voicestream---Love it.no problems....havent got the first bill yet though but I dont use it much.

Barbara
    Hammonton,NJ

12. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Sweet,

Can we watch the language. Every carrior has dropped calls. no service is perfect. With voicestream when you are in there coverage area you have good service but when you get out of their digital footprint your phone will be a big piece of plastic

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Ive gone out of their coverage area and Ive had no problem......where are you coming from on that one??

14. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Try to go up to the Poconos with Voicestream....you will have very spotty coverage....Verizon is much better there.

15. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I don't travel anyway so I wont have that problem. No froends to call their either.