Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

user LG VX 4400 as modem

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by IMTheNachoMan, Aug 15, 2003.

1. IMTheNachoMan

IMTheNachoMan New Member

i was hoping someone could explain how to use my LG VX 4400 phone as a modem so i can surf the net on my laptop
    i am not paying for the verizon internet but i do have internet access on my phone through another proxie
    i have the usb cable to transfer data to and from the phone
    do i need anything else and if so what?
    if not how would i be able to surf the net
    i keep reading reviews of people sayign they did it but not how
    i was hoping someone could please help me
    thank you in advance

2. Alex

Alex Senior Member

To use your phone as a modem,
    First you need to call Verizon and have them to activate the "Data Mode" on your account.
    Then you need to have the Verizon Mobile Office Software (For the fast data connection). The speed up to 115200) or you can use your own ISP and set up the dial up connection. (Max speed is 28.8)

3. SexZ

SexZ Junior Member

Do u have to pay to use ur phone as a modem or does it take away from your minutes or something like that?

4. Alex

Alex Senior Member

It will use your minutes. I think there is a monthly fee required. You may have to call Verizon support and verify that.

5. match

match New Member

i found a complete walkthrough for setting up your phone as a modem for a Laptop and Handheld under the HOW TO'S section at this site: aeonnfluux.com