Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

USE UNLOCKED PHONE IN ALLTEL NetWork

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by X-TECHNO-X, Jun 15, 2007.

1. X-TECHNO-X

X-TECHNO-X New Member

OK I've read some of the threads and I figured out that alltel is not using sim cards. but I still have this question...
    Is ther any way (and by that I mean ANY POSSIBLE WAY) that I can get an unlocked phone and use it SOMEHOW with alltel service?
    And I am ready to and will do ANYTHING if its possible. just need some advice and help from some experts!
    Thank you

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    You can use any CDMA phone in which you can get into the programming menu. With Alltel, VZW, USCC, etc. they are not locked. Sprint is though.

Alltel will activate any ESN as long as it is not stolen, etc.

But some features may not work properly. Voice will, but data features might now.

So you can buy a vzw, uscc, alltel or carrier unbranded phone (as long as it there isn't a spc code added to it be a carrier). The previously listed carriers all have the default codes, usually all zeros or 1234, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    You will also have to activate your phone over the phone rather than going into a store if it does not have an alltel logo on it, and inform the rep that it is a specific model of alltel phone similar to the one you're activating if you're asked about what type it is. Voice and text might be the only things that work properly.

4. X-TECHNO-X

X-TECHNO-X New Member

Thank you guys. So now I know that it should be a CDMA phone, but there's no way that I can use a cellphone that requiers sim card (for example Sony Ericsson P990i and thats what I wanted to buy) on Alltel network. If im wrong please correct me.
    but thank you all. its a really helpful forum

5. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I just looked up the specs on that phone and it's GSM only. Not only that, everything I saw pointed to it not supporting the 850 MHz Cellular band. So, although it looks nice, I don't think there's really a carrier around that you'd want to use that phone with because of coverage reasons.

6. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Pretty much, the op's fairly limited right now as far as which Smart/PDA phones you can use, most of the HTC's work well in the states (alltel has the htc apache branded as PPC-6700,) Moto has one or two, Palm, and Blackberry. If you plan on really using a PDA Sprint and AT&T are your main options. With data prices circling the drain lately, you might want to look into your options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. X-TECHNO-X

X-TECHNO-X New Member

Thanks again.
    I finally decided to get UTStar PPC6700 from ALLTEL since I can't currently change my provider.
    Hope that comes out to be a good PDA phone

8. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have two GSM equivalents of it, I love them, but they do take an adjustment period. Once you get more comfortable with it let me know, and I'll get you some utilities that will greatly enhance your Useage.