Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

use cellphone for dial up connection?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by yingxyang, Mar 22, 2008.

1. yingxyang

yingxyang New Member

Hello,
    I have Samsung Hue, a data cable, a dial up ISP, and a laptop running windows 2000
    Is it possible to connect my cell phone to the laptop with the data cable and log onto my dial-up account?

2. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Yes, but its very slow and pointless. You can use ALLTEL as your isp and it will be much faster and still only cost you minutes. Thats assuming you were going to put the dial up isp number in mycircle other wise that would use minutes too.

You need the driver for the phone. then just set it up as a new dialup connection using #777 as the number to dial, user name is xxxxxxxxx@alltel.net and password is alltel. where xxxx is put your phone number. then select the phone as your modem

3. yingxyang

yingxyang New Member

Thanks for replying
    Where can I find the driver? I've looked on Samsung's website, but all the download section for my phone has is manuals.

4. shango

shango Junior Member

My Phone:
    M800, v266, w315
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel