Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

US Cellular/Eloqui Wireless

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by DarrylLeeOHS30, Feb 25, 2006.

1. So I was talking to a friend today and she asked me if "I knew that in two months eloqui was going back to US Cellular". Apparently alot of people around here are saying that, and alot of VZW customers are planning on switching their numbers over. anyone got info? thanks!

2. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Roamer (or anyone else)
    Do you know approximately how long this will take, and if it is a SURE thing? I was speaking with an Eloqui rep today and she said she had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about USCC getting our counties back. My brother who lives in knoxville is a uscc customer and they told him it was "only a matter of time" because they already have roane county from Eloqui and will be getting the rest soon. But anyway, any info you have would be appreciated. Thanks again.

4. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The application to transfer control of the license is still pending at the FCC. I'd figure that once that's done, any other necessary approvals (mostly financial side) wouldn't take that long and that a deal would close a few weeks, if not sooner, after the FCC approves it.

This deal is for the entire company, not just pieces.

"Tennessee RSA #3 is comprised of Campbell, Clarkson, Clay, Cumberland, Fentress, Hancock, Jackson, Macon, Morgan, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Roane, Scott and Trousdale counties. USCC, through other subsidiaries, provides B Block cellular service in the Knoxville MSA and in Tennessee RSAs 4 and 7, all of which border on Tennessee RSA #3. The Tennessee RSA #3 system will be operated as part of this regional system."
    (from the pdf attachment at http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applAdmin.jsp?applID=3338597 )

BTW, when did USCC get Roane County "back"? Being on a tower or two with Eloqui around the I-40/75 interchange is not getting the whole county back. ;)

-SC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yeah that's what I thought, about the roane county thing. And they wouldn't really get one county back at a time, i figured they'd take it all or nothing. Maybe they told him that just to assure him that USCC would be back in my area.

So when it gets here, the whole roaming in knoxville/not using M2M or Nights/Weekends thing is gonna stop? Back when i had them for TDMA in 2000-2001 it was still considered roaming in Knoxville even though it was USCC.

And roamer, thanks for all the info on this whole thing.. I appreciate it!

6. Well it says the appliation status is "Consented To" so I guess its just now a matter of time till it happens.. :cool:

7. roamer (or anyone else who has some info)
    approximately how long will it be from the point of the application being "Consummated to"? I went to the local walmart kiosk to pay a bill today and they have notices up saying their location is moving to a shopping center just a few doors down in its own space at the walmart shopping center/mini mall. This is supposed to take place monday, and then the rep told me that when the phone I have w/ them comes back from repair Tuesday to get there before 4:00 because they are closing early for a staff meeting. Is this supposed to be when they tell them that Eloqui is no more? :D

Ive asked the rep about the uscc transfer of control since I first heard about it. And she's told me she honestly has no clue what i'm talking about. And I don't know whether or not to believe her, we've sort of became friends through the years with me being a customer there, but I'm not too sure.

Also what is a "redlight review"? Sorry for the rambling and thanks for any info.

8. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It's a done deal...it closed sometime this week, and the license is now reflected as being owned by USCC.

IIRC, it's a routine internal review the FCC does on all license changes like this.

-SC

9. Ehh. So i'm guessin that Eloqui's just gonna be ran by uscc, and not using their plans or anything? I went w/ my sis to sign up for new Eloqui service and asked about it and they still said "they have NO CLUE what i'm talking about". I was lookin forward to a change.. do ya still think it'll come??

10. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It'll probably take a few months for USCC to integrate the Eloqui area "back" into USCC proper.

-SC

11. FranH

FranH New Member

I just received a letter from US Cellular telling me the plan they chose for me.:rolleyes: I have almost a year left on my Eloqui contract, a much better plan than what US Cellular has. :D

My question is: Isn't US Cellular obligated to keep the plans we have with Eloqui? I know Eloqui was when they took over from US Cellular.

Fran

12. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    I would think, if they can't maintain your plan terms, you should be able to leave without having to pay a penalty. Is there some fine-print, in the notice, that says you can leave without a penalty fee?

13. I remember back when it was US Cellular at first, Eloqui came along and we kept our old USCC Plans. Mine was a whomping 200 minutes.. lol. I ended up cancelling a few months after that though, but my contact was up.

I would call (eloqui's customer service) and tell them what you got from US cellular and that you don't think its comparable to what you have now, and that if they can't satisfy you, you will port out to another carrier. The plan I have with US Cellular I think is a pretty good plan, but if you don't think so, you need to be with a provider that you feel is best for you.

I do know that the Eloqui website is still up, and they have been selling ELOQUI plans, on US CELLULAR phones, with the Eloqui PRL on them, which is weird, because they have taken down all of the eloqui branding at the stores and everything now says US Cellular. So if they're still selling the old Eloqui plans, they should let you keep yours.

I hear that Eloqui's old SID will be changed back to USCC Knoxville's SID at 11:59 p.m. on this coming saturday, december the 9th. So I would imagine you have until then to state your case!