Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

{urgent!}Where to refresh Nokia 9290 ROM?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by geniusb, Nov 10, 2005.

1. geniusb

geniusb New Member

My nokia 9290 system file is crashed and need refresh ROM. Now it is white screen and have a noise if inserting the battery in. Where can I get a fix and pls tell me the estimated price. Thanks in advance.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    There are several operating system software versions for the Nokia 9290 available from Nokia.com.

Version 3.35

Version 5.05

Version 5.07

Normally, to find the version of your OS you would type *#0000# but I think you'll just have to guess since your ROM is completely gone. :confused:

When you select one of the links above, scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will see the link to download 'All Data' I believe that will give you the entire OS for your Nokia 9290 Communicator. Good Luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. geniusb

geniusb New Member

I cannot even get the mainpage on PDA part. How can I sync the phone with pc? If not synced, how to transfer the files? So I think your method isn't work. Anyway, I have downloaded the files. Pls suggest more. Thanks.

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I believe you need a data cable to transfer files from your CPU to your phone.
    Here is the Nokia 9290 Communicator Main Page for more info if you need it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. geniusb

geniusb New Member

Of course I do know using a cable to sync PC and cell phone . But look, I cannot initiate the cellphone , how these two things could be linked? My point is: it need a specialized flash box to refresh the ROM. Then reinstall all the softs. And my question is where to get this service --- refresh the ROM? Anyway, thank you so much.

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sales office would be my bet. Unless your phone is still under warranty, then you could probably send it to Nokia.

7. geniusb

geniusb New Member

Sorry. According to serial number, the phone is released in Finland. So this is why NOkia USA do not accept it for repair, I guess. Pls tell me just where could fresh the ROM. Thanks.