Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Upgrading my service plan..

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello. I'm not exactly sure how many minutes I will use on my share plan. So would it be possible to upgrade my plan after a few months of use? What would the charge be to upgrade if so for Verizon and ATT? And does anyone know if I can add a line to promotional deals? Thanks.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You can always UPGRADE a plan (ie to a more expensive one). The carrier will ask you to extend your contract another year/two years (whatever you have now!) from NOW -- so if you had a one year contract starting last January, they would start the new 1-yr contract in July. They will offer you whatever promotions are current on the new plan you get. If the promos you have aren't still available, you will lose them..

3. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Actually, I've had a different experience when upgrading my plans on ATT & Cingular.

When upgrading to a plan which costs the same or more than my current plan, I've never had my contract extended. It's always remained the same in length (and I've done this several times on both providers). When changing a plan which has more for less money (as rarely they do, but promotions DO happen!), then my contract has been extended from the date in which I made changes to the plan.

My suggestion is to call your provider & ask them what their policy is. If you're upgrading the cost of your current contract, you may not be ask to extend the time. Good luck![​IMG]

4. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Jodi,

That is very TRUE what you said. I've noticed that before too with other carriers. However, with Verizon, anytime you make a change to your plan (whether an upgrade or downgrade), Verizon WILL extend your contract. Other carriers won't unless as you said, you're downgrading your minutes or getting "more" for "less."

5. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Joe,
    My experience with Verizon has been very different. I have been able to change plans, up or down, without any change in the contract. However, If I had a plan with any kind of Off-Peak or Mobile to Mobile promotion, and I wanted to either continue that promo or take advantage of a new one, THEN a contract extension was required. More plans themselves are considered promotions, lately.

-Bill Radio

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...