Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Upgraded to V710 today, have a few ?'s...

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by KayRay, Mar 2, 2006.

1. KayRay

KayRay New Member

Okay today I could upgrade so I went in hoping to get the RAZR since I noticed it advertised for 99.99 online. Well I went in and was disappointed when he said it was for new customers only- that sucked. Anyways, I had to decide on a new phone and after looking for a few minutes I liked the V710, Nokia bar phone, and the Nokia flip phone. The Nokia flip seemed much cheaper feeling than Nokias I have had or played with before, so I passed on it. I asked the rep what he thought between the Nokia bar phone @ 69.99 or the V710 @ 99.99. He said the bluetooth and other features are worth the 30 bucks so here I am with some questions.

Of course, I want to add some ringtones without paying the 2.99 per tone that Alltel charges. I have plenty of mp3s on my computer, I know how to crop them to certain time limits (i.e. 30 secs) and change them to about any format (i.e. midi) I need to. What are my options as far as getting them on my phone?

1. USB data cable? Or is this only good for syncing contacts?
    2. Memory card? If I use the memory card, will I be able to assign ringers to people while the card is in the phone? Any differences or any restrictions using the card? Also, could someone direct me to a place to get a good deal on one- I have found some but I see TransFlash and miniSD...those are different I thought but most sites make them seem similar.
    3. Bluetooth? Can I get an adapter and send mp3s or tunes wirelessly to my phone?

In addition to ringtones, what else is the bluetooth useful for (besides headset...don't want one)? Also, if anyone has other cool hints or tips that would be good to know about this phone- I'd appreciate any help.

Or did I make a big mistake in choosing a phone? Haha, really though I'd appreciate anyones input!

2. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The V710 is a good phone but the Bluetooth is pretty much disabled for other than the headset. As a matter of fact, Alltel announced that the V710 reached end of life and stocks are being sold off.

3. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yep... discovered that little issue when trying to sync my v620 to an Alltel v710. That's why I won't buy a v710 but they are really good phones if you don't care about Bluetooth. Good signal, the camera is very clear, good size IMHO. Pretty much the best phone you're going to get from Alltel other than the RAZR... actually, I would rather have the v710 than the RAZR, and I've messed around with Alltel's version of both.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...