Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Upgraded my T720 software today! Wow Its smooth!

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Hawaiiannights, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Hawaiiannights

My Phone:
    LG LX8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon..can you hear me now?
    Upgraded my software today! Wow Its smooth!

I'm here in Hawaii and was having problems with my phone so went to upgrade the software, to my suprise they now have version 1.2.22.2DP which is the most recent upgrade. I was running 1.2.22.19C. Its alot smoother and the opening logo is different! Instead of the phone being held by someones hand now theres some girl smiling and holding the phone. kewl......... and when I access Get it now next to get pic , get tones, get, mail, etc....theres icons now where used to be just file pics. Phone runs smooth....and they transfered the phone book, but couldnt transfer the GIN apps and ringtones unfortunately...but they said to re download it and get credited.!! Kewl.....

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Time will tell if the freezup and the short battery life is solved. Goodluck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brewmaster

brewmaster Junior Member

Just got my s/w flashed to 1.2.22.2DP in Irvine, CA. All my pics and tones I had uploaded via GAGIN were restored. Even the free WAP tunnel settings were unchanged. The only settings there were reset were the banner text, start up greeting, home and menu icons, phone book and ringer settings. The single greatest improvement (and the sole reason I had it flashed right away) was that there is now a setting to keep the backlight on continuously when the phone is in the car charger. The entire flash process took about 15 minutes. WELL WORTH IT.

4. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Good news on the SW update. so is the battery life better; as good as the 4400?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hernandl

Hernandl New Member

Hey Brewmaster, which Irvine location were you able to get your phone flashed at.

6. brewmaster

brewmaster Junior Member

Hernandl, I got it flashed at the Verizon store on Michelson and Jamboree.

7. Hernandl

Hernandl New Member

Thanks for the info Brewmaster. I'll have to make sure I head over there tommorrow to have my phone flashed. I hope it helps to improve reception in my room.

8. Dio

Dio New Member

Jerro-
    The Flash Upgrade on the phone definitely improves battery life; however, I don't know if it is equal to or better than the 4400.

9. yellowgdog

yellowgdog New Member

When you go in, do you just say "I need my phone flashed" or do you need to add "2dp" or anything? I've never done this before.

10. Dio

Dio New Member

Yellowgdog -
    All you have to do is tell them that you need the upgraded software for your T720. It takes approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on how many addresses you have in your phone. They will download your addresses back into your phone, if you request it.

11. supertool

supertool New Member

What does the flash fix?
    Is reception any better, or does it keep going between analog and full reception?
    Does the screen still black out?

12. Dio

Dio New Member

From what I understand the fixes are in terms of using the text message features of the phone. It does not affect the signal reception.

13. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The battery life wont probably be the same as the 4400 just because of differences.

14. Littleengin

Littleengin New Member

Hmmmm.....I am getting some freaky info here. I just called my local VZW store and asked them about the .2dp software update. Anthony (Grand Rapids, MI) informed me that they were not flashing phones with the .2dp software because the software has "glitches" in it. He did mension that the Blank Screen problem was still occuring after the .2dp update. I asked them if it was a problem with their file or with the software in general. He said it was a problem with the software in general and they are speaking to motorola about it. Any insight????

15. Kaosu

Kaosu Senior Member

Finally got my phone updated today, the girl that flashes the phone came back from vacation. It's definately smooth, a lot of the lag has been taken care of. The lag really only bugged me scrolling through my phonebook, it's fast now. Very nice. I haven't noticed any bugs, I still have yet to find the "blank screen" bug that's been mentioned. I've unplugged/plugged it in and the screen never goes blank. Maybe I'm not doing something right, dunno, guess it can't be bad if it hasn't happened to me yet. The one thing that is happening is the phone is still telling me I have a voicemail when I don't. I deleted the message about an hour ago, but it's still telling me I have one. I've checked the system and I have no messages. Tried restarting the phone and that didn't work either. May be a glitch with just me or the new s/w. Overall good stuff tho, I'll see how good the battery really improved in time.

16. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Kaosu, You may want to enter your voicemail again. When it says Press * to end call, press * & wait for your phone to disconnect before you press another button or close your phone. I may take another minute or so to clear the vm icon. You may also want to make sure you have the latest PRL (*228). Since you got your phone flashed, the new software may not have the current PRL. These is no garauntee these will work, but the first one seemed to helped me out when I have been out of my home area.

I should be getting a T720 tomorrow (swap). I am glad to see the software updates are improving the CDMA version, and to see some happy T720 owners.

17. Kaosu

Kaosu Senior Member

I gave that a shot. Didn't do anything by pressing star. Updated the PRL, it says it went ok but didn't make the very loud tone it did when I updated last time. Maybe it doesn't beep with the new s/w? heh, it was a very loud tone before. Must just be a network error since it's still there, no big deal I suppose.

18. TechnoMetrics

TechnoMetrics New Member

I have been seeing the blank screen much more than before. However my local T-Mobile store has no idea how to upgrade the SW...are they just dumb or doesn't T-Mobile know how to do it?

Chris

19. jgold47

jgold47 New Member

the software update is not for t-mobile...

I got the flash....and I actually like the phone now----90%....but still no action button!!!

20. Kaosu

Kaosu Senior Member

A followup to my problem. After a day, it still didn't fix. I had a voicemail sent to me, then just deleted it. The icon went away after that. System must have just been stuck or something.

21. JJJaded

JJJaded New Member

Hello peeps.

Does anyone here have a GSM dual band T720? Would you know if there are software/firmware updates too for the GSM version?

Thanks!

J,[​IMG]