Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Upgrade to 3560???

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by UK12JR, Sep 3, 2003.

1. UK12JR

UK12JR New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T GSM
    I was wandering, i have a Motorola V60i, but i want a color screen phone, and if i get this 3560 i wouldn't have to extend my contract with AT&T because its the only colored TDMA phone. If i moved to a GSM plan i would have to extend it 12 months and i dont wanna do that. the phone is only 100 dollars? is it worth it?

2. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    I love my 3595 which is the same thing only 3560 has no internet. I would just get the 3560 and not extend my contract. I did and im mad that I did because for $10 more I could get 600 minutes with verizon. I only get 250. Go and get the 3560. You wont be mad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

I thought AT&T required contract extension for handset changes, even if you pay full price for the phone.

4. BSJ723

BSJ723 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Optimus Regard
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    AT&T Wireless requires a contract extention only when you take a promotion, start service, or take a discount on a new phone. There is no extention if you pay full price for a new phone.

5. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

Is that a new policy? When I had AT&T service (over a year ago) they tried to re-up my contract every time I called them. I know they required re-up for a simple rate plan change, even when going to a more expensive plan.

6. BSJ723

BSJ723 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Optimus Regard
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    Nah, that has always been the policy. The reps will try to get you to take a promo with the plan. But if you ask just for the plan and go with it, there is no new contract.

7. Major54

Major54 New Member

If you want my two cents, I think the 3560 is a great phone and well worth the contract extension. It's got pretty much the same functions of the Nokia 8265 plus the color screen (and quite a long battery life despite the color screen). But watch out - 3560 doesn't support WAP or downloading of ringtones yet. I don't believe the WAP will ever be phased in, but I am told by ATTWS customer care that the ringtones should be able to be transferred soon.

Just a little other note - I have quite a few friends with the V60T or V60I and they have quite a bit of complaints like buzzing in the earpiece during calls, antenna breaking off, and poor reception. Many of them went in and complained and ATTWS gave them quite good deals on new phones plus a little extra compensation in some cases... play that to your advantage...

I was treated horribly at one of the stores when trying to switch phones and ended up getting $30 off my service for a month [​IMG]