Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Updating PRL's

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Scalici26, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Scalici26

Scalici26 Senior Member

I have a Samsung A400 phone. In my house i have full strenght signal. I just changed phones to the Motorola Timeport P8767. With that phone i only get 1 bar of service. Does anyone why this is happening? Do i have to update the PRL? The phone was originaly used in Florida. How can i update the PRL's?

P.S. I have Sprint PCS

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I also was wondering if my phone can be updated too..I have a weak signal for along time it is on cingular network and it is a nokia 5165

3. Guest

Guest Guest

If you have Verizon, press *228 and [send]. When prompted, hit option [2] to update roaming capabilities. Wait til your phe beeps (1-2 minutes) and its done. This will update your PRL.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I doubt that updating the PRL will help unless you have a really old one (lower than 10012) You can update it two ways. Take it into a Sprint store and have them do it while you wait. OR by calling *2 and asking for a "PRL update" You will have to talk to a live rep and have them flag your phone for this update. You will then have to call *2 again and press 1 for english and keep listening for the update to occur. The rep will also explain what you have to.