Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

update on vx6100

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by LRando, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    well, I could send you a picture of my 6100 and several of my friends. Then you will have seen a few that have pretty good rf. LOL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Oops how come I missed your question before , sorry about that.

I think it's Menu & then 03887*. Now before you destroy your phone with that code, go into this site http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/wcsupport.htm , there are field test codes for a lot models.

Hope this helps.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    It's Menu and then 073887*. Missed a "7" there....sorry. The security code is all zeros. There are more details on bottom of page 1 and the top of page 2 of the document

Let me know if it worked. :)

4. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just wanted to note: I tried the forcing the phone into CDMA only. I found it didn't make any difference. Signal is the same. If I have no service on the combo, I had no service on digital.

5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    You can also do this to your other phone.

OK; did you reset the 6100 to Automatic?

The CDMA setting may help in some tentative areas where the phone has to make a decision between Analog or CDMA. The logic takes less time because there are less choices. Either way you will be fine.

6. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    yes I reset to auto. I actually tried it in the same spot where my phone went to analog the other day. Figured maybe I'd get a stronger signal w/just CDMA. But it was the same. I'll leave on auto and change only if I really need to.

7. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Did you ever try putting your phone either in "cell only" (850 Mhz) or "PCS only" (1900 Mhz).? I have to put all my CDMA phones on 850 Mhz, to get a decent signal around here. For me that gets me Verizon's roaming partner USCC.

Just a thought.

8. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    no I haven't tried either of those. What does cell only and pcs mean? How are they different?

9. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Cell only is the 850 Mhz and PCS is the 1900 Mhz transmission frequencies. Sometimes the primary carriers signal is weaker but the phone will still hold on to that because it's programmed to, and not switch to the roaming partner which may have a stronger signal. So you would basically be forcing the phones to look at the roaming partner only. If you know what freq.Verizon transmits in your area, switch to the other one. If you don't then try both to see if you notice a difference.

Hope that made some sense, please let me know.

10. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    thanks...I have played around some w/different settings and nothing seems to make a difference. Most of tonight, in my house I have had 2 bars. Same time last night 6. My husband's phone (3200) almost always has the 6. If I put his phone, my old phone (3200 also) and the 6100 next to each other, the 3200's had 6 bars, my 6100 had mostly 2, sometimes would go to 3 for a second or two.
    I'm going to call Verizon tomorrow and explain what is going on. See what they say. I'll let you know!

11. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I"m not saying that you are not telling us the truth, I have just personally not seen a 6100 that has acceptably good RF, neither a one year old one, nor a brand new one that signed up with it recently.

12. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Andy, I want to say "I told you so" so bad.....:D . I remember mentioning, when the 6100 first came out, that I had read somewhere that the 6100 did not have as good a reception as the 6000, and you had disagreed(very politely ofcourse).. :D

13. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Lol, I know, I'm a flip-flopper :D

But seriously, I cannot believe how a 6100 can beat the V710 or E815 or even any Nokia 3589 or 6015.