Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Upcoming Nokia phones - 6282, N80 - a few questions

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by SteveW, Apr 9, 2006.

1. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    On PhoneScoop testarosa5000 claims that the 6282 is going to be released by Cingular on Apr 15 (16 days from the Mar 30 post). Anyone else as sure as testarosa5000 seems to be? Will it be released in all markets at the same time?

On Nokia's accessories page for the 6282 there is a "Digital Pen" for $250. Is this just a way of entering bitmaps (text or drawings) into the phone? Can anyone tell me why I would buy this? I am guessing that character recognition isn't part of the package. If so, I am sticking with my Palm T2 where pen input is built in (a new Palm TX is only few dollars more than this pen!).

On the subject of pen inout, The N80 (which is not in the PhoneScoop database, although they have written a few articles about it) has an intriguing pencil button, right below the green "call" button on the lower left. Anyone know what this is? None of the flashy Flash movies on the Nokia site refer to it.

Thanks!
    SteveW

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 SteveW, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi SteveW, I am pretty sure that this pencil button is the same as on my 6682. This button is for switching the mode of text entry, eg. Predictive etc.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SteveW

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Charlyee - Thanks, that's helpful.

I also noticed a typo in my post but I don't seem to have an edit button anymore. Where I said "On the subject of pen inout...", I of course meant: "On the subject of pen input...." :O

SteveW

4. SteveW

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Went in to a Cingular store today (Cambridge, MA). The rep had heard about the 6282, and knew it was a UMTS phone, but he didn't have a release date. He told me that the first indication that they usually get about upcoming phones is when they appear on the "rebate sheet" - the list of phones and their mail-in rebate amounts. This is $50 for the 6282, BTW, not including any incentive for 1 or 2 year contract. He did not have a "no commitment" price for the 6282.

Anyway, his opinion was that the 6282 will probably be released in the next 2 months. I didn't really press him on the N80.

SteveW