Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlocking XV6700

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by Vietone, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Vietone

Vietone New Member

Can I unlock the Xv6700 to use other services. Its currently locked to Verizon but would be nice if i could unlock it to use t-mobile. T-Mobile also has a different phone with pocket PC but I just want to use it as a phone and an organizer.

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Vietone, :welcome: to WA!

Sorry to say that you will not be able to unlock your VX and use it on T-Mobile. Verizon & T-Mobile use different technologies so their phones are not compatible with each others networks. The best thing to do is to sell your VX and use that money to buy the T-Mobile phone/PPCyou want.

3. Vietone

Vietone New Member

Well My sister gave me the option of joiner her plan so I think im going to cancel my T Mobile service and switch.

I have been trying to link my computer to the XV6700 through a USB to USB mini cable and it detects the phone but I dont have any drivers to install for it to work. If there any place I can download these drivers or am I SOL unless I ask verizon to send me another disk.

I installed Microsoft Active Sync but it doesnt have the drivers either.

4. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    What are you trying to accomplish by connecting to your computer?

5. Vietone

Vietone New Member

Id like to be able to use it on the road to get internet access on my laptop. Transfer the pictures i take to my computer

Install some other applications.

6. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    As far as pictures go, all you need is activesync. If activesync isn't recognizing your 6700 just unplug the usb cable and uninstall activesync, then install activesync again then plug your 6700 in again. Activesync should then install everything needed to sync with your 6700.

I don't know what you will need to use your 6700 as a modem. I would think if you have XP the correct divers will be their, and you would just need the connection settings. You may want to search Verzion's site for them and they may just have a tutorial on how to set it up.

7. Vietone

Vietone New Member

Sorry for being stupid. WHen i installed activesync i didnt pay attention to which version was installed. I apparently got version 3.8 off the microsoft website this morning. As of now i uninstalled and reinstalled 4.2 and everything is now working the way its suppose to.

8. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You are not stupid! Their is a lot to learn with a pdaphone like the 6700. I am still learing things every day looking through forums like this. :)

Glad you got it working, wm5 dose need 4.0 or higher.

9. bluesneaky

bluesneaky New Member

I was just told today by verizon the 6700 can not be used as a modem. (see post on "XV6700 modifications and tools") did you get it to work as a modem?

10. marilene

marilene New Member

Would it work with a verizon phone on a Sprint service? Both services have this same phone, if you unlocked the verizon phone could it be used on sprint? :confused:

Marilene

11. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok let me clear up a handful of things, first of all Unlocking is a term used for GSM based phones so the Sim cards from other carriers will work, the problem here is not that it has to be "unlocked" it's a question of whether the other carrier will activate your phones ESN (electronic serial number) on their network. Sprint, Verizon, and Alltel are slightly fickle on whether they will activate another companies branded product.

This is a good question in regards to sprint and verizon who both carrier the HTC Apache (XV6700 PPC6700) as both carrier branded models are actually the same phone Sprint should be able to support it without question, the question comes into play on if they will. I would suggest calling sprint and seeing what they say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Both Sprint & Verizon will not activate a phone/device from another carrier, peroid. Even if they did activate the phone you would then have to hack the phone's OS to be able to use the various services from that company. CDMA networks are not as universal as GSM networks. So doing these hack would be very hard unless you had a contact at HTC. :)

13. toyotajon93

toyotajon93 New Member

I have this phone and is currently setup for Verizon as well. Is there a way to get it to work for Alltel? If so how?

14. nKrypteD1

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, if you had read the previous replies, the alltel version differs from the Verizon. If you had access to the Alltel flash and knew how to remove the manufacturer lock it's feasible, but Alltel may still not activate it due to the ESN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. thenewrecruiting

thenewrecruiting New Member

hello all. new to the forum and a friend just recently gave me his xv6700 because he got a new phone from verizon. i'm currently with a different carrier (att) but i love this phone. i'm using it right now for its wifi capabilities and using it for it's pda functions (calendar, notes, memo, etc.).

i know the xv6700 isn't compatible with alltell and sprint. i'm guessing that goes the same for att?

also, is there a website i can go to in order to download active sync? one of the messages from above has a guy downloading activesync to his laptop. i'd like to do that same for my xv6700.

thanks.

16. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Welcome to WA thenewrecruiting. :)

The VX6700 is a CDMA mobile handset and will not work with AT&T'S GSM network.

Here is the link to download Activesync 4.5 directly from Microsoft's website.
    Download Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 Software – Microsoft Windows Mobile (You will need to purchase a data cable, if you don't already have one).

17. thenewrecruiting

thenewrecruiting New Member

thanks. that's a big help. i did just purchase the data cable. any other helpful free sites for the 6700 would be greatly appreciated.

18. nKrypteD1

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    There are a ton of sites that are helpful, varying from Simple to so advanced only programmers understand the topic of discussion. See what you come up with when you google "HTC Apache"

19. bullet

bullet New Member

i also want to unlock my old xv6700 and want to use it has a version prepaid phone...

20. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    is it the same xv6700 you posted about before?

21. bullet

bullet New Member

yes... the phone belong to my bros girl... and they have one line... that is her phone...that is the problem

22. littlepriest01

littlepriest01 Junior Member

I'm so scared to unlock anything. Worried that I will ruin an expensive phone.

23. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    When it comes to CDMA phones (Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, and USCellular), unlocking is pointless.

Unlocked phones work best with GSM carriers.

Since you have Verizon, you wouldn't have to worry about unlocking your phone anyway.

24. orionsway

orionsway New Member

Hey bro, i need help. I have this xv6700, i am currently using US Cellular. But this phone is verzion, can i recode(reformat) what ever that can make this verizon xv 6700 now able to connect with my current provider US Cellular. And if so would you know how i can achieve this. Before u answer let me tell u i am ignorant to about anything you might suggest. So be gentle with your knowledge and expression of actions if you choose to offer any LOL thanks in advance bro..

25. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello orionsway, welcome to WA. Unfortunately you are out of luck, the Verizons phones cannot be made to work with USCC. I hope you don't mind me replying instead of Mike. :)
    Palm850/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

26. orionsway

orionsway New Member

Well isnt that a kick in the balls, Thanks for being gentle LOL Have a great 4th Charlyee

27. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Lol I tried to be. :D. Stick around though & enjoy the forums.

A great 4th. to you also!
    Palm850/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

28. lukc22

lukc22 New Member

Actually, I can help with this!!! If you have a Smart phone I can get you a pre-programmed card for any CDMA provider you like... Simply call the provider or go online and change the ESN...

29. fritz1980

fritz1980 New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Gzone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What if I just want to use my old VX-6700 from Verizon at Barnes and Noble, McDonalds ect.
    The phone is no longer active, I use it as a PDA, so I carry it and was hoping if I needed directions or so I could use it. Otherwise I'll have to use my kids Sony DS. LOL;)

30. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)