Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

unlocking LG8600

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by rennat2006, May 15, 2008.

1. rennat2006

rennat2006 New Member

I've got a friend with a Verizon Lg8600 and verizon has got his bluetooth locked to where he cant send ringtones, pictures, etc. I know on my USCC razrr this forum was able to help me out with getting MPT and other programs and going through and unlocking and deleting what i didnt want on the phone.

So my question is,
    How can i do similar to what i did to my Razr to my buddies Lg8600? Is there a phone tools program for the LG's like there is for the motorola's?

Thanks

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The short answer is no, not unless your friend is willing to really get in there and hack the phone. Verizon blocks those services on their phones. There is a lot of support out there to hack the Motorola phones to allow these services, but I would not even know where to begin to look for info on how to do that on an LG.

Sorry,

Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    And to add to what Jay said, Verizon blocks it so you can go to their site (Get It Now) and buy the things your friend is trying to get on his phone. It's just what they do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rennat2006

rennat2006 New Member

well that sucks, So there is no program out there like there is for the motorola's or any other way to unlock the bluetooth transfers?

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Not unless there is a third-party software hack compatible with the 8600. Even if there is, proceed cautiously because you'll have a brick in your hands if you make a wrong move, unless you really know what you're doing.