Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlocking LG CU500

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by prabhakarglv, Aug 4, 2008.

1. prabhakarglv

prabhakarglv New Member

Hi,

I'm having LG CU500 which I bought through ebay. The network provider for the phone is Cingular AT&T, USA. Now I want to unlock the phone for to use in Canada. Here in my town the people are insanely charging for to unlocking the phone. Please provide me the solution.

Thank you,

Regards,

Prabhakar.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    If you are not an AT&T USA customer then there will be no cheap solution. That's why locked phones sell for much less on Ebay than unlocked ones.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    LG phones havent reached the elite hacking status such as Nokia, Motorola and WM have so your better off paying an online company to do it.

There no magical code that we can give you to do it. If you were an AT&T customer you would be able to call international roaming and request a unlock code and it take about 5 days. They just quit doing the immediate codes.

Best bet is Google it and find one that does not require you to send in the phone.

The unlock could be done by you but would require special adapter cable / dongle / Service Software and reflash the eeprom and you would risk damaging the phone.

Some sites only charge 20 bucks or so.

MY 2 cents

4. prabhakarglv

prabhakarglv New Member

Hi,

Thank u for your reply. Well yesterday I tried with online site called "Wirelessunlocks.net" and they r reasonable and charging $8, but till now there is no response. They said usually they take 36 hours to get the unlock code for me. So I've to wait till today night.

Well u said I can request to AT&T and asking them to unlock my phone for International roaming, but when I request them do they ask me the mobile number or just the IMEI number? If they ask the mobile number (US Mobile number) then I don't have any (since I'm staying in Canada). If this works it's well n good.

Thank you once again for your reply. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Prabhakar.