Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlocking a UK Nokia 6233 in the US

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Gannett, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Gannett

Gannett New Member

I recently moved to the US from the UK. My wife added a line for me to her AT&T plan and I received a Samsung A272 handset, which I don't like. I had my brother send me my old Nokia 6233 from the UK, which should work on the North American band. I tried putting the AT&T SIM in the phone, and, of course, got the 'Phone Restricted' message.

What I'd like to know is:
    Can I get my UK phone unlocked in the US or will I have to send it back to my brother to unlock there? (it was with Virgin Mobile there, which used the UK T-Mobile network)
    Is there any other way to unlock the phone? (I realize I'll have to pay to have this handset unlocked)

Many thanks!

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    The only place I know of that does it is iUnlock.com and their price ($150) makes it prohibitively expensive, considering it has only one of the two North American bands, the 850MHz one is missing.

3. skystartrade.com

after unlocked by testpoint, phone will not turn on

we can solve the problem by using nokia bb5 box on the 6233 testpoint unlock

#3 skystartrade.com, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008