Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlocking a LG Chocolate Touch

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by KarenRocio, Oct 23, 2010.

1. KarenRocio

KarenRocio New Member

I've been trying to sell my phone but had little success since many people want to flash it to Cricket. How can I unlock this phone if its a CDMA phone.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unfortunately, "unlocking" a CDMA phone doesn't have quite the same effect as with GSM phones. CDMA carriers use the ESN (electronic serial number) as the identifier on their network, and as a result, the larger ones are fairly restrictive about allowing phones other than what they sell.

Besides, Verizon puts so much crap on their phones, it can keep it from working properly on a different network. This is where flashing a phone comes in, unfortunately you have to know what you're doing or you can kill the phone.

Wish I had better info for you, but this is the lament of CDMA technology.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...