Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlocked phones on T-Mobile network

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by gilly001, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Great, glad to hear it. Did yours come with the iTunes?

2. hazard147

hazard147 New Member

Hey guys, I have an Unbranded L7 that would initially just give me the weird texts when I got a voicemail. ^_ or @_

The problem can be fixed, it takes a little bit of work, but the howard forums will be your best bet to find information.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=958822

This forum will show you how to fix the "common" problems associated with unlocked or unbranded handsets.

Always check the Howard Chui forums before posting a question, the people are generally very nice and knowledgeable.

Goodluck!

Mike

3. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You can also check out Jay's Motorola Modding thread here on WA for some of these problems/solutions: http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/motorola/11782-jays-reference-base-modding-motorola.html

4. devildogaviator

devildogaviator New Member

i just got a new l7 unlocked phone. i like it but had a question if someone could help me out. i have tmobile but on the screen it says that i am connected to cigular. whats up with that?

5. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    You're okay, since you're in San Diego. The I7 is connecting to the former Cingular, former Pacific Bell network. It is broadcasting that it is USA-17 (310-170).

T-Mobile has bought this network from Cingular. T-Mobile's own MNC (mobile network code) is 310-260, and will appear on this network in one and half to two years after (as) all of the Cingular customers are moved onto the former ATTWS network (USA-38, or 310-380). Someday soon that will show as Cingular 310-410, the main Cingular MNC.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tompres

tompres New Member

hey, i got my slvr from the cingular store for $99 by signing a 2 year agreement. they wanted 199 but i told them that walmart (texas) had it for 99 so they matched it. see how much walmart.com has it.....hope this helps

7. LuciferTengu

LuciferTengu New Member

I have tried both manual and automatic methods yet I still can not connect. it displays this message:

"Data Server not available"

Also I am wodering why it displays the GSM Service Provider as Cingular. Could this be the problem.

P.S. I also tried to get t-moblie to send me a ringtone to my phone (so I could possibly copy the settings from there) via the internet on my PC, but it still said the same message:

"Data Server not available"

8. abraham3475

abraham3475 New Member

Re: Unlocked razr Tmobile

I would lie to know if there is a way to tell if a phone is unlocked with out puting in a diferent sim card. And if toy do a master reset will it lock the phone, to the first provider?

9. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I don't believe a master reset will lock the phone, however, there is no way to tell without a different sim. Sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Many unlocked handsets with certain SIMs will show Cingular in California and Nevada. The network did belong to cingular but has been sold to T-Mobile. The agreement is that cingular can use their old "legacy" network for up to three years. During that time the network will still broacast the MCC/MNC of 310-17 which is cingular's MCC/MNC. When all cingular subscribers are off the network I'm guessing that it's very likely that T-Mobile will change the broadcast ID of 310-17 (cingular) to 310-26 (T-Mobile.) Right now if you have an unlocked phone on the network in CA or NV it may say Cingular.

11. gubak

gubak Junior Member

It depends what kind of phone do you get reseting?

12. Misschaos60

Misschaos60 New Member

Hi everyone! Im new to this forum, but I really need to know something! I bought an unlocked motorola slvr L6 off of Ebay, and I love it, but it doesnt have Aol instant messenger on it, and I really want it on there!! Is there anywhere where I can download it for my phone?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! :) :O :p

13. Telekom

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If your phone has the capacity to do the full web you could do AIM through GPRS/EDGE. Otherwise if you want to use it strictly text based the only other alternative that I know is to use the codes. Not convenient at all though.

14. lilmissdaugherty

lilmissdaugherty New Member

So - I live in NV and it says Cingular is my network... will this affect my coverage? will I be able to make and receive all calls? Is this really a TMobile network or is there another setting I should change to correct this?

15. Telekom

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Are you a T-Mobile subscriber? Did you read what was already written about the name Cingular on your phone if it's not a T-Mobile branded phone? If you're a T-Mobile subscriber it shouldn't affect you one absolute bit at all. (period!!!!!!!!!!!!) Go back and read the entire thread. You really shouldn't have any questions at all.

16. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    lilmissdaugherty, welcome to WA..

please also accept our apologies, not all members here are as rude as Telekom when it comes to dealing with new members who just want some guidance.

To answer your question, Cingular showing on your phone's display will not affect you ability to make and receive calls.

17. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This is an open forum, if a member has any questions regarding the topic at hand they are allowed to ask whatever it is they are not sure about, if you're not willing to help, keep your rude replies for a different forum for it will not be tolerated here.

18. melly22

melly22 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Hello i'm new here and these setting worked like a charm but for some reason i still can't send text messages but can receive them :( any advice?

19. iwannachange

iwannachange New Member

ok im in cleveland, OH and i wanna use a att fone but i got tmobile. anyone got the netwrok code. thanks alot.

20. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unlock codes is not something anyone on this site has. And without knowing what phone you own, there's no way we can point you in the right direction.

What you can do is search for unlockers on the web. Though there may be a charge for this, it's worth a try.

Another option you have is to see if AT&T will unlock it for you. Apparently AT&T can get unlock codes for non customers (as mentioned in this thread - http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/motorola/8242-how-i-unlock-my-motorola-razr.html#post533803). I don't know how successful this is for most people, but it's another option you can try.

By the way, Welcome to Wireless Advisor.