Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlock mMode Nokia 6820 "Phone restricted"

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Scottyhawaii, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Scottyhawaii

Scottyhawaii New Member

Aloha dudes and duddettes,

I just bought this AT & T Nokia 6820B cell phone from ebay and now I found out that it used to be a mMode phone. I'm with the same company so I figured when I switched out the sim card it would work like a charm. WRONG!
    So I thought phone was locked so I went on line and paid for the unlocking and here is what they gave me:

#pw+928632545626455+1#

My IMEI is: 352968000921850

I typed it in and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Is there a difference between a locked phone and a restricted phone? When I first turn the cell on it says Phone restricted and to undo it I would have to press the "enter" button I guess. Then it takes me to a screen that asks me to "Enter restriction code:" Thats where I put in that unlock code above with no results.

Please anyone help me.

Mahalo and thank you in advance,
    Scotty

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    1. Take the SIM out of the phone
    2. Turn the phone on and enter #pw+918452545626455+1# (note: this code is different from the one you got).
    3. The phone should be unlocked

Use the * key to cycle through *, +, p, w by pressing it rapidly multiple times. Be very careful when entering the code, don't make any mistakes. If the code doesn't work, please post back and we'll try to troubleshoot it further.

3. Scottyhawaii

Scottyhawaii New Member

Brother dmapr,

Sorry bro but I bought this from ebay too with several codes:

#pw+918452545626455+1#
    #pw+716250646454154+2#
    #pw+739920167711723+3#
    #pw+325106254313206+4#
    #pw+478957204631351+5#
    #pw+345316072355015+6#
    #pw+025973353371472+7#

The first is the same as yours and I've tried it with no positive results. Its just says "error".

I apologize for being a hassle but I really want to use this phone. Texting my gurl is a must and we all know that time is of essence when texting your other half.

So far I've spend about $40 more for the phone on account that I thought the phone was "unlocked".

Help me please!!! I live in Honolulu, Hawaii and if your coming this way I would be happy to show you how the locals party!!

Mahalos,
    Scotty

4. Scottyhawaii

Scottyhawaii New Member

DAMN!!!! I left my sim card in!!! Freakin Bacardi 151!!! I did all the codes again and nothing worked!!!

SURF!

5. hme83

hme83 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I hate to say, but if you tried all of those listed codes without success, your phone is now hard locked. You only get 5 opportunities to code unlock the phone - after which it can only be unlocked with the proper (not readily available) hardware. :crying:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I'm afraid what hme83 said is true :( I wasn't planning on coming to Hawaii any time soon, but if you a have a trip to San Francisco area in your plans, let me know...

7. Scottyhawaii

Scottyhawaii New Member

Thanks for the info my friend..... Is there any way that it could be fixed? Maybe send it off to someone?

San Fran, huh? I'm planning on working in the ERs up in Kaiser.

Aloha,
    Scotty

8. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    There's a place in Boston called iunlock.com that can do it, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a local shop where you live.

9. gadgets crusader

gadgets crusader Junior Member

My Phone:
    n6630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SMART COMMUNICATIONS,GLOBE
    i think mate thats the right thing for you to do.....it can be fixed ofcourse,,,but you must have to search local shops in your place...goodluck....