Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlock Codes!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Cingular GSM User, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cingular GSM User

Hi,

I can provide you with the unlock codes for your phone. If you want me to give you the unlock codes just do the following.

PM me this information (or you may post it here, if you would like):

Manufactuer (of phone):
    Model/# (of phone):
    IMEI #:
    Country (of service):
    Service Provider:

Then I will PM the codes back to you. O yea did I mention its FREE!

Happy Unlocking :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

What about those that are permanently Locked?
    If you enter an incorrect passcode like more than 3 times
    it will be PERMANENTLY LOCKED
    You know that right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That's awfully nice of you. I will hit you up first if the situation arises. Thanks...

4. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel

This is only for Nokia's correct?

5. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Ok, I have a question. I've seen lots of cheap unlocking services online. I also seen warning not to give anyone your IMEI number (I'm not questioning you Cingular GSM User, my question is more general).

I thought about using one of these on line unlockers (for $5.95), when I realized it came from Malta, and another one from a former soviet country. All of them want me to give them my phones IMEI #

So is it safe to give out your IMEi? I read that these numbers can be used to 'clean' stolen phones in various countries. Any truth to this.

Anyway, I found that I can download a unlocking application for free and do it myself. See http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3935. But all the calculators seem to generate 7 unlocking codes, but you get only 5 chances and then the phone cannot be unlocked except via a cable. By unlocked, I do not mean that the phone can't be used, just that you lost your chance to do it cheaply.

Anyone know the truth on this? Why pay someone, if you can get the appl yourself?

i.e. one example document I found on the web:

"The Australian Government is currently working on legislation to make it an offence to ‘rebirth’ stolen mobile phones by modifying their IMEI. The proposed Commonwealth offence will complement State and Territory theft offences that already cover the act of stealing mobile phones, he said.

Under the proposed legislation it will be an offence to possess or control data or a device with the intention of it being used, by that person or another, to illegally modify or change the IMEI of a mobile phone. "

After all, when you phone is stolen, the first thing you report is your IMEI, and the phone gets blocked. But the problem is that it is not blocked in another country. So internationally, they are trying to coordinate this info. I think it has to to with concern for terrorist networks, beside just reducing stolen phones?

6. sabie

sabie New Member

Nokia 6010, 0104******4524,usa,att thanks

#6 sabie, Jan 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2005
  7. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Somethings I found on the net:

With sequence "*#06#" you are showing IMEI of your phone. IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity. IMEI is a unique ID of your GSM cell phone - no other cell phone in the world has the same IMEI!

Some people are forging IMEI numbers - putting false IMEI numbers into phones to enable them being used even if they were stolen. Some operators hold databases of stolen IMEI numbers and don't allow them to be used in their networks. Forging IMEI works around this problem.

General principle is: don't tell anybody your IMEI and don't publish it on the Internet!

8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Apparently, a software/hardware hack can take a stolen IMEI number and reprogram a stolen phone with it and make it useful again.

I think now some international sharing of stolen IMEI databases is occuring, but not all countries care about this, I think.

Feb 5 2003

The UK's Midlands Police today took part in what is believed to be the country's first raid on a shop believed to be responsible for reprogramming - or 'cloning' - of stolen mobile phones.

A computer, software and other equipment were seized during the raid, which took place at a mobile phone shop in Alum Rock, Birmingham. Two men are currently helping the police with their enquiries.

The new Mobile Telephones (Re-programming) Act 2002 makes it a criminal offence to change a phone's IMEI number without the manufacturer's authorisation, or to supply or offer to supply equipment for that purpose. The new offences carry a maximum penalty of 5 years' imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine.

Inspector Dave Walker, from the force's Community Safety Bureau, said the aim of the new legislation was to try to prevent mobile phones from being stolen in the first place.

"Over the last few months we have worked closely with all the mobile phone network providers, in particular have had substantial help with the investigation from Orange and T-Mobile. This type of partnership working will be key to our success in reducing mobile phone theft.

"The new law is an important piece of legislation which we believe will lead to a fall in the number of robberies involving mobiles because anyone who reprogrammes a phone's identity without the manufacturer's authority is risking prison or a hefty fine.

Over the past few weeks, officers from Operation Safer Streets II have been visiting mobile phone outlets across the West Midlands advising them of the new legislation and warning them that undercover operations would be taking place to target anyone suspected of reprogramming IMEI numbers.

9. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Based on the info in this thread, shouldn't the above post with sabie's IMEI be wiped out of this post?

10. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only

Good point. BTW, I don't mean to imply Cingular GSM user had any intentions. Many of us give our credit card over the internet,and 99% it is ok. However, some 1% steal our numbers from us.

I'm sure there are plently of on line unlockers that are just making some extra cash and provide a service. But I would be advised, and it seems like one can do it themselves for free,and without giving anyone else their IMEI number.

I understand now in the UK, after some time period (12 months?), a network provider is required by a new law to unlock your phone for free, if asked. So you have to wonder why so many unlockers are from the UK?

11. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Cingular GSM User,

Thanks for offering the service! I'd like to request that if people want you to help them unlock their phones, that they PM (private-message) you. While it's unlikely that a phone would be cloned using an IMEI posted here, this site is visited by search-engine crawlers.

If you want Cingular GSM User to help you, please send him a private message (PM).

12. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I know also that T-Mobile unlocks a phone every 90 days for it's customers. I have unlocked 4 phone through them by sending an email to Customer Care. They usually get back to me in about 3-7 business days with all the information I needed to unlock the phone myself. I have also done Nokia phones online, it is really easy.

13. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    A good solution.

14. Cingular GSM User

No, All phones except Motorolas

15. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Normally with these unlocking generators they give 2 codes, and ususally at least in my 3 times of unlocking my phones it's the last #.
    Here is a site that will give you 1 # to use & it has been succesful with a couple of Nokia's i have done.
    I wouldn't give your IMEI# to someone out of country just to be safe.

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

16. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Thanks for the info. I google/stumbled across this site too and downloaded the calcuator, but haven't used it yet.

I heard from a friend that in the Philippines, one can walk down the streets and find plenty of vendors that will change the IMEI # of your phone (probably stolen).

17. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Cingular GSM User: Where did you get your unlocker program from?

Viewfly

18. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I used this calculator on 2 Nokia phones I purchased from Cingular. One was a 6010 and the other a 3120. Worked on the first try for both! I now use the Cingular 6010 with my T-Mobile Sim and it is great!

19. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Yep, this free unlocker code that you download to your own computer is quite easy to use. It also does more than just Nokia phones(Sony, Samsung,Panasonic..., but not Moto's...).

I went to a web page, where people give out their IMEI numbers in a forum. I check my calculator with the results posted...nice to see that I get the same unlock codes posted. see http://forums.mobileburn.com/showthread.php?t=1018&page=145&pp=15

The seven codes are explained and why #7 is the master:

"Note 2: This is what each for the seven codes do:

Lock 1 - MCC+MNC (Network/Country Specific)
    Lock 2 - GID1 Lock (Type of SIM card)
    Lock 3 - GID2 Lock (Type of SIM card)
    Lock 4 - MSIN Lock (Sim Specific)

There are only four locks, however codes 5-7 do the following:

Code 5 - Unlock 1 and 2
    Code 6 - Unlock 1, 2 and 3
    Code 7 - Unlock 1, 2, 3 and 4 (I.E. Master Unlock)

You don't need to worry about this though, just type in Code 7 and all should be well"

What do people know about Moto's ??

20. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):

When I had T-Mobile unlock my V600 for me, they had to send a request to Motorola to get the code. I'm not sure the way that Motorola does it, but it must be some sort of proprietary algorithm or something that only they can do.

21. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    A short note about the NokiaFree.org, unlock code calculator. The DCT4 (expert mode) does not give the right code for the 6230.

You need to select the 6230(RH-12) from the pull down menu instead!

The 6340i worked fine with the DCT4(expert mode) however.

I wasted 2 tries learning this :(

22. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    viewfly, you know what is interesting is that for my phone I get the exact same code numbers using your suggestion or by using this page (using asic6, as GEN) without downloading the calculator. Well this must be one of the "don't worry be happy" situations again... :)

PS: There is a thread at HoFo that claims that Cingular will unlock your phone after 90 days if you say you are going overseas.

23. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile will do this also, I have done it on 4 phones for me and my fiance.

24. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Yes, that would be right...in the download calcuator, asic 6 is what is used, while in the Expert mode, asic 2 is used.

When I called Cingular and explained my travel plans, they just said NO, nothing about 90 days. But that is C/S for you. Call again, and I'll get a different answer.

25. Tucsondesertguy

Tucsondesertguy New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson z500a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    Does anyone know of a site for obtaining the unlocking software for Sony ericsson phones?? I understand one needs a cable to do this (available on theinternet), but where does the software come from?
    Thanks all, this has been a really great forum for wireless phone information!

26. tagman67

tagman67 New Member

Please let me know if this can be done? thanks

#26 tagman67, Jan 28, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  27. tagman67

tagman67 New Member

Manufactuer (of phone):Motorola
    Model/# (of phone):V551
    IMEI #:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Country (of service):USA
    Service Provider:AT&T , trying to use with cingular now says needs codes??

#27 tagman67, Jan 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  28. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    See this post, all phones BUT Motorola can be done by him...

29. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You can always get your unlock codes for CINGULAR BRANDED PHONES ONLY by sending an email to simunlockcode@cingular.com. You need to be at least 90 days into your contract and give them the following information: Name on Account, Phone No. Phone Model No., and IMEI. They should get back to you within 72 hours with the unlock code.

30. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That 90 days is key. I think a lot of people forget about that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.