Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unlimited Sprint Picture Mail Question

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Gamer03, May 10, 2006.

1. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was wondering how much it costs to send a picture to another cell phone?

According to my Sero plan details (all plans) on https://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/sprint/EPC/epclanding.asp, it says that you receive unlimited Sprint PCS Picture Mail.

When I registered my phone, it said that I will be charged $5/month plus tax every month. I e-mailed ecare and told that what plan I have and that I should get the picture mail for free since it said so online.

My question is should I receive this feature for free since it says so online?

Also since it says unlimited, does that mean that I can take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures to any phone (whether it is Nextel, Verizon, Cingular, etc) or e-mail address?

What about receiving pictures from phones or e-mail addresses? Would this still be unlimited?

If so, does that mean that I can take say 1000 pictures in a single month and send them without getting charged any extra fees (per kb charges, etc) or data (since I have an unlimited data plan)? If so, that sounds like a good deal to me. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I'm not too familiar with the Sprint plans, but yes, you should be getting it for free and be able to send/receive picture messages from any network/email for free.

3. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Ok. Thanks for your reply Andy.

Hopefully larry can shed some light on the unlimited aspect (sending and receiving) of the Picture Mail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The picture mail server is actually different than Sprint and a lot of times it gives that message that prompts for a $5/month charge. I have the old unlimited Vision for $10/mo. plan and I get U/L SMS, picturemail and videomail all for free. However I do remember getting that prompt that I would be charged $5/mo a few years back. I just accepted it and was never charged the $5/mo. But of course your results might or might not be the same.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, you should get to send/receive free of charge. And this includes to/from any cell phone/cell company and email addresses.

6. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Cool.

So I basically can send/receive an unlimited number of picture messages to any e-mail address or cell phone. Right?

That is sweet. :D

Thanks for the reply AnthroMatt.

7. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I e-mailed ecare and they said the same thing. Even though the prompt appeared, I will not be charged for picture mail. :)