Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Unlimited Carrier MetroPCS Expands Coverage to IncludeSouthern New Jersey Shore

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by hank424, May 20, 2009.

1. hank424

hank424 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung R720 Admire
    Wireless Provider(s):
    MetroPCS,att mobility
    PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Residents of the Greater Philadelphia area and South Jersey Shore have a new alternative to costly traditional wireless service plans. MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS), the nation’s leading provider of unlimited wireless communications service for a low-cost, flat-rate unlimited wireless services with no signed contract, announced the expansion of its service to the Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May counties. All MetroPCS customers who travel from the Greater Philadelphia area to and from the South Jersey Shore area will enjoy continuous wireless service for no additional cost to their current service. Service will be available in the South Jersey Shore area beginning on May 22, right before the Memorial Day holiday.

MetroPCS offers a diverse selection of service plans which allow customers to talk 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week and enhanced service options so that all customers can create a wireless experience that best fits their lifestyles. With MetroPCS, customers pay by the month, not by the minute, and services do not require a signed contract, deposit or credit check. Service plans start as low as $30 per month, and unlimited long distance service to the 48 continental United States and Puerto Rico is available with service plans as low as $35 per month. For a limited time, unlimited calling to select locations in Mexico is available for an additional $3 a month. The first month of service is included with the purchase of a phone and there is no activation fee or hidden charges.

“The South Jersey Shore expansion marks the continuation of MetroPCS’ development across the Greater Philadelphia area, creating a larger coverage area and convenient store locations for both residents and South Jersey Shore visitors alike,” said John Shelton, vice president and general manager, MetroPCS Philadelphia. “This expansion of MetroPCS coverage and store locations will put summer beach goers at ease, as they can travel to and from the Greater Philadelphia area and South Jersey Shore and continue to receive MetroPCS wireless service.”

With this expansion, MetroPCS will have 16 authorized MetroPCS dealer locations in Atlantic City, Northfield, Pleasantville, Ventnor, Absecon, Hammonton, Somers Point, Rio Grande, Wildwood, Millville and Vineland. MetroPCS’ expansion into these areas will create approximately 50 additional jobs. The expansion will offer the more than 500,000 residents of Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May counties a chance to take advantage of MetroPCS’ service offerings where they live, shop, work and commute.

MetroPCS offers a number of service options, including unlimited family plans, MetroPCS Unlimited NationwideSM and GroupLINESM. MetroPCS Unlimited Nationwide allows MetroPCS customers to use their service in more than 4,600 cities and towns throughout the continental United States. MetroPCS Unlimited Nationwide is included at no additional charge in MetroPCS’ current $45 and $50 service plans and can be added for $5 per month on other qualified MetroPCS service plans. MetroPCS GroupLINE allows up to five MetroPCS’ Family Plan customers to receive calls on a shared GroupLINE number while still maintaining their individual mobile numbers. Any caller, whether or not they are a MetroPCS subscriber, can call the GroupLINE number, and reach all of the GroupLINE subscribers simultaneously. With GroupLINE, family members are all connected with each other as well as the incoming caller.

Continued consumer demand for MetroPCS’ wireless service as well as expansion into new areas, such as the South Jersey Shore, has been the driving factor behind the company’s growth to approximately 6.1 million subscribers as of March 31, 2009.
    Unlimited Wireless Carrier MetroPCS Expands Greater Philadelphia Coverage to Include Southern New Jersey Shore

1 person likes this.
  2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    They are adding Metro PCS to my 'home' tower today. I'm a bit north of the areas mentioned in this press release, so my area might be in the next phase for service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I've seen new panels been added here and there around here. They must be Metro PCS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...