Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

uninstall SKYPE????

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by melingw, Jul 30, 2011.

1. melingw

melingw New Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne CommandoC771
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have a G'zOne Commando from Verizon. I use SKYPE on my computer at home, but can't figure out how to use it on this phone. The camera is on one side, and the viewing on the other. Am I missing something? SKYPE will not uninstall, and starts itself, over and over. I force stop it, and clear the data, but it just starts up again. It uses little space but It aggrevates me that I don't seem to have control of such an expensive machine. I'd be happy if I could just get it to be dormant. Maybe there is a use for it, that doesn't cost. Does anyone have any ideas? I could sure use some help.

Verizon says it can't be done, and it uses so little space that it doesn't matter. I think if it could be done in the first place, It could be undone. There are many other useless apps installed too, but they can, at least be shut off, and they stay off until needed.

Any suggestions, directions, opinions, and even sympathy, would be welcomed.

(very much welcomed!!!!)

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

I may be wrong, but I believe that this is one of the installed applications included with the VZW ROM. Can it be removed? I think so, but in the process you will void your warranty. Is it worth that much to you?

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Skype is one of the bloatware apps that Verizon preinstalls on the Android phones. The only way it remove it is to root the phone... and, yes it voids the warranty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. melingw

melingw New Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne CommandoC771
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks, you are appreciated ! ! !