Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

unhappy

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by nanikibo, Dec 9, 2010.

1. nanikibo

nanikibo New Member

hello metro pcs

i got a blackberry curve from ebay that was flashed for metro pcs but now that i have the phone im haveing problems hooking it up what can i do......

#1 nanikibo, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    what kind of problems? Have you contacted Metro?

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SonyEricssonX10a Build/2.0.A.0.504) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nanikibo

nanikibo New Member

yes thay are telling me that it wont work in ny......need help

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Questions for you: 1) Do you have existing service with Metro? 2) What carrier was the Curve originally from? Is there another carrier logo on it? 3) You are talking about the NYC area, right?

If the BB Curve is from Verizon, Sprint, or another CDMA carrier, it won't work in NYC as in that area Metro operates on the 1700mhz band, of which a phone not specifically made for Metro would lack as no other CDMA carrier operates on that band with native coverage in NYC.

With Metro's service agreement with other carriers, your phone can work in NYC, BUT there would be no native Metro coverage for that phone, meaning they likely won't let you activate it there, which it seems is what they're telling you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nanikibo

nanikibo New Member

yes i have a existing metro pcs account,,, the blackberry curve is a Verizon but has no logo on it , only when i turn on the phone... i dont want to hook it up with Verizon cause they. will charge me 95 dollars a month.. so now that i have this black berry im i stuck with it or is there anyway to program it for the metropcs network..

6. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    That Verizon BB Curve lacks the frequency band needed to work on Metro's native network in the NYC area. If they won't activate it because of this, you may be out of luck.

Metro probably doesn't want to have your phone operate on a roaming partner's network all the time, which it would where you live.

To answer your question: No, there is no way to program it to work in the New York area.

Was this the reason they gave for why they couldn't activate it?

#6 M in LA, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. HandyWireless

HandyWireless New Member