Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Unable to send text while roaming on VZW

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Kalimotxo, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I'm travelling for the holiday and I'm currently in the sticks where the only two providers are VZW and US Cellular. If I go to one town, I'm roaming on VZW (SID 502) and if I go to the other town, I'm roaming on US Cellular (SID 309).

Since I arrived I have been having problems sending text messages while roaming on Verizon (I can still make calls and access data without a problem). Specifically, the phone will say that the message failed to send but the person I'm sending the message to will receive my text messages approximately five times. If I am roaming on USCC everything is fine.

I called tech support to find out if there was a known issue. The person basically said that there was nothing they could do about my problems while roaming and tried to get me off the phone. I asked to speak with someone higher up and she transferred me. That person was a little more interested in my problem and said he could create a ticket for me.

Long story short, I got a callback three hours later from a tech person who said that there was a known issue with people roaming on Verizon being unable to send text messages and that they were working on it.

This has been going on for three days...

Has anyone else had this problem? The tech person made it sound like i'm not the only one. Anyone on WA want to force roam their phone on Verizon and see if they get the same issue?

2. daffyd703

daffyd703 New Member

i'm having the exact same problem!!!! technical support refuses to acknowledge that its a problem! GRRRR!!!!

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No problems like that here. I have a Katana II which has the ability to force roaming. A couple of test messages worked just fine while roaming on Verizon.

4. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have seen this reported on another forum among many users. It seems to be a Sprint/Verizon issue in some areas.

5. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    You're right - the first result on my google search is the sprint community forums where a few folks are reporting it. The Sprint person on the forum claims that the problem is on Verizon's side.

I find it very odd that it has taken this long to be resolved.

I'm giving it 24 more hours and then I'm dropping Sprint. I don't care whose fault it is - I just need my texting to work.

The Blackberry tour on Verizon looks tempting...

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If you have to rely on roaming a lot it might be better to go with the carrier that provides native service in the areas you need. Roaming should be an occasional use thing.

7. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I couldn't agree more.

My situation is frustrating because I really don't roam that much. According to the Sprint plan manager, an average of 6% of my total minutes used in the past four months were while roaming. (See attached picture)

The problem for me is that I use the Metro here in DC so I am forced to roam on Verizon (this is slowly changing as the other networks have finally been allowed to build out on WMATA). I'm basically SOL for texting while underground. *Sigh*

Attached Files: