Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

U Prepaid?!?!?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Goatboy, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Goatboy

Goatboy New Member

My Phone:
    none
    what is this??? there only 2 prepaid services that work here in nebraska where i live....thats alltel and tracfone, and i want to go prepaid but i dont want to go with tracfone, i just need to know how U prepaid works, is there cards? is there a way to find out how many minutes i have? if you could ansewer this it would be great. thank you! -Goatboy

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    It's good. 15 cents a minute or the day plan or the monthly plan. www.alltelu.com You can check your minutes by calling the minutes number they have which is free i believe. You get all the essentials. Things change in price depending on the plan you chose. Only 3 different phones though. I'm not sure if they send you an alert or something when you are low....haven't had it long enough. You can buy minutes at department stores or an alltel store, by phone with a debit/credit card, or online. You can check your minutes used online also. Text messaging is 5 cents per message with the pay-per-minute version, and unlimited with the pay-per-day option i believe. I switched our one over from Simple Freedom.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    Actually you can get any of the currently available phones except the smartphones (Blackberry, Treo, etc.). The first page only has three phones showing but there is a button lower down that you can click to see the rest.

4. Goatboy

Goatboy New Member

My Phone:
    none
    So when you say that you buy minutes at the department store how does that work? do you have to buy a card or do you just give them the money and they put the minutes on?? how many can you buy at a time and do they expire?

5. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    The department store method is with a card. You can also add minutes online or over the phone with a credit or debit card. I think the minimum value you can buy at one time is $10 but I don't remember seeing cards for less than $20 or $25 (can't remember which). Minutes do not expire. However, if you have the pay by the minute plan, you have to use at least one minute per 30 days or they will dock you a $4 service fee.

6. Goatboy

Goatboy New Member

My Phone:
    none
    hey thanks for the2 info i really apprcieate (sp?) it

7. kgil73

kgil73 New Member

My Phone:
    Kyocera SOHO
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AlltelU
    I just bought a pre-paid plan. I get charged 15 cents a minute. You can buy more minutes at the store, on the internet, over the phone by hitting *pay, or by buying a card that has alltelu listed on it. As long as you make 1 call every 30 days, there is no service fee. I bought the Kyocera SOHO phone for $15. I have no complaints this far, and am very happy with Alltel's plan!

8. wstormy

wstormy New Member

i just recently joined the U prepaid plan. however, i have noticed that whenever i am out of my area code and try to make a call, i am told that i am not authorized to make calls to those numbers. what do i need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Wstormy

9. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

I've been told that under some circumstances you have to dial the phone number you want to call, get some sort of prompt, and than dial the number a second time. I haven't had to do it so I don't know if that's your problem or not but it might be.

10. wstormy

wstormy New Member

thanks cheddar,

that doesn't seem to work in my case, it just says im not authorized to make calls to those numbers ;(

wstormy