Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

U Prepaid Question

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by GravityFails, Sep 13, 2006.

1. GravityFails

GravityFails New Member

My Phone:
    AX245
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Alltel, Virgin
    In the small print on the U Prepaid brochure it states that unlimited calls to your favorite number must begin in your plan's calling area.

I'm fuzzy on the whole "your plan's calling area" thing. It says the same thing in the My Circle small print. Does this mean, as I suspect, that calls placed from outside your local area (say, your area code) aren't subject to the unlimited deal, and will be charged at a regular rate?

I admit that I obviously have no idea how it works, but this would, in a word, suck. Hard.

<insert plaintive cry for help here>

2. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    Ok...to answer your question about being in the calling area, this is just cellular for being inside your rate plan coverage area. For the U prepaid plans, this is the combined area of alltel/vzw and sprint. If you make a call when your phone is picking up a signal that is not covered, then the "free" calls do not apply any longer. It is the same on a contract plan, too. The minutes that are paid for each month only count based on the coverage area. If the phone is used outside of that area, is when roaming and LD charges will apply.

Hope this helps.

3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    dolphin is correct, I will just try to simplify it a little.

Your local calling area on the AlltelU Prepaid plan is basically the United States. It is an area much larger than your area code. The AlltelU map is basically the same map as the National Freedom, there are a few, scattered places in the US where roaming rates apply shown by the the solid triange, it might not apply and you would be charged minutes. But basically, most all of the land in the US is your local calling area.

4. GravityFails

GravityFails New Member

My Phone:
    AX245
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Alltel, Virgin
    Thank you both, very much. This answered my question perfectly.