Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Two phones

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by cutback, Aug 21, 2006.

1. cutback

cutback New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I recently upgraded to the Moto Q from the v710. I am loving the Q more and more. However, my v710 is still active. Is this possible? In other words, can I continue to have the 710 active? It would be great because it is tri-mode and I often have to go into analog areas where the Q is all digital.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    It may look as if your V710 is still active, but in reality this is not the case. Your number has been moved to the Q in Verizon's system. If you tried to make a call on the V710, you would get an error message.

Your V710 will still have your moved number still programmed into it, but this is in appearance only. If for some reason your V710 really is working, you are a victim of a serious glitch. If this is the case, give Verizon a call and have them fix it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cutback

cutback New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I haven't tried to make a call, but it showed I had voicemail.

But what if I want it this way? Is it a problem?

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    This is not unusual. You may have gotten the voicemail around the same time they changed the phones. I have seen this happen before. Try to make a call and see what happens.

It may create problems if you text message, use Get It Now, download the latest PRL update, etc. Otherwise it's up to you, just keep in mind that the same number on two active phones is not how cell service works, glitches do occur now and then, but I doubt this is the case. Like I suggested before, do a test call on the V710. This will answer your question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...