Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Twin Cities Verizon issues?

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by ndtoddman, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ndtoddman

ndtoddman Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Many
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have been hearing that Verizon has been having a lot of network issues in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. A friend of mine that works in the cell business in that area indicates that Sprint is rapidly becoming the popular carrier in the Twin Cities area. Anybody from that area have anything to add on this?

2. Dogma

Dogma Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel/Verizon
    I guess I haven't heard that regarding the call quality issues up in the twin cities. Verizon is in the midst of building & upgrading a new switch, so maybe that has something to do with it? In southern & se minnesota (PCS markets) Verizon is erecting quite a few new towers , and they seem to be stealing some customers from the other carriers.

3. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    I use at least about 2000 minutes a month on my VZW service here in the metro and have no issues at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DanPFW

DanPFW Member

My Phone:
    MotoK1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    CDMA
    I've had excellent service since they finally put a site in range of my house.

5. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    When did they fix your area? I remember a long time ago you were just hating VZW. :pissed: <--- you in the old days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dogma

Dogma Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel/Verizon
    I have to say that since Sprint was bumped up on Alltel's roaming list, my coverage isn't quite as good when I travel into the twin cities area. When I was with Midwest WIreless Verizon was number 1 on the prl. Thats not to say it is a huge difference, but its noticeable.

7. DanPFW

DanPFW Member

My Phone:
    MotoK1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    CDMA
    They turned up a new site between 169 and 494 at the end of December. I don't think I've missed a call at home since(phone doesn't ring). Yes, I am much happier now! :) I am especially happy that I didn't invest $1000 into a repeater!

I think they also finally fixed the drop zone from **** on 694 and Central Ave late last year as well. They put some panels on the watertower off of Silver Lake Rd.

8. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    Overall, most carriers in Mpls areas are fairly good. But, VZW has had some dead spots. I can note around Lake Harriet and Shakopee/Prior Lake where I have experienced some issues. However, they aren't too bad. T-Mobile has been great! Sprint is fine, but doesn't get into buildings as well, at times.