Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Turn Off Text Messaging On Razr

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by 19norm53, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 19norm53

19norm53 New Member

Can any one tell me how to completely disable text messaging on my RAZR V3. When I signed my contract with T-Mobile a couple of months ago I asked them to turn off my text messaging. I told them I didn't want it or need it. They said I could contact customer service and they would do that for me. Guess what, after talking to several reps they say they can't do it, I am getting a bunch of text messages for the person who used to have this number and it is almost impossible to get T-Mobile to remove the text messaging charges (I'm still battling them on this issue). Does any one know of a way to completely disable text messaging on a RAZR V3? HELP!

Norm

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You can probably remove the text messaging ability of the handset by seem editing the phone, but this is advanced software manipulation and can cause problems with the phone or kill the phone completely if you do it wrong.

Disabling texting on the phone won't help your problem, however, because the switch (computer that controls the network) will still show texts delivered to your account... they won't know that your RAZR has text disabled. They need to stop the ability to text either in their billing system with a code, or directly in the switch.

You need to speak with T-Mobile Tech Support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 19norm53

19norm53 New Member

MOTOhooligan,

What would happen if I just deleted the "Service Center" phone number so the phone would not be able to contact the "Service Center" to pick up any messages?

19norm53

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I know Cingular has done it for me. I just called customer service and they disabled text meaasging. TMO should be able to do something similar.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think that is for outbound messages only.

I believe customer service can do this is you press them hard enough, although I don't have concrete proof.

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    when i had T-Mobile and i didn't have a plan to cover messaging.....i call ed multiple times to disable messaging and they said they couldnt....Cingular can but T-Mobile either cant or wont.......and even if you remove the service center number......they are still sitting in the inbox and T-Mobile still got them so even if they get to your phone or not your still charged for them

.....i dont think seem editing the phone will help much either

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I just don't get it. Cingular has always shut off my text messaging when I requested. I've never had any problems doing this. I don't see why TMO can't do it too.

-Jay

8. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    thats wat i told my tmo rep when i was trying to turn it off but he said something about how when they attempted to turn it off............even system messages couldnt get through

this isnt a problem for cingular because they still can send like the balance and minute txt messages

wats the problem

you would think they would have worked on this cuz im sure we are not the only ones who want to turn messaging off to keep from paying unpredictable charges

9. Blaine B

Blaine B New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Tmobile has been pretty crappy.

They raise the price of texts to 15 cents. We asked why they can do that when we have a contract. They claim texting isn't something you have to use so therefore it doesn't need to stay the price at which you signed the contract with.

So then we asked them to turn texting off (one of the phones gets a bunch of spam text messages). They say turning off texting isn't allowed. So we asked why it can't be turned off if you don't have to use texting. They didn't have a valid response.

Secondly, kinda off topic......their warranties on phones is a big lie.

My Razr v3 was still under the year warranty period when it began dialing a bunch of 2's on it's own. I was told it would be replaced free of charge, except for a shipping fee. So I get the new phone. The next phone bill we get charged $100 for the new phone. They say it has water damage, although that's totally not true. They said their technicians took it apart and found water damage. It never saw water in it's life.....

So then we said if they don't have to follow the contract with text messages, we should be able to cancell our service them. They said it would be a $800.00 fee to do that due to us having four phones on a family plan.

I'm sick of Tmobile's service too. When the contact expires we're switching. STAY AWAY FROM T-MOBILE! Once they have ya as a customer they don't care about ya.

Their reps have a crappy attitude. When asking to speak to a manager they simply told us that "they're going to say the same thing anyway."

They kept telling us they couldn't warranty the phone. Although that's such a big lie......they don't WANT to. It seems the Razr's are always free when you sign up for a contract. They can do anything but they choose not to.