Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Troubles with LG VX4400, BitPim & Mac OS X

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by benishs, Dec 4, 2005.

1. benishs

benishs New Member

Hopefully people aren't too tired of stupid Bitpim questions - I saw a lot of Bitpim questions in the archives (but none that helped me).

A year and a half ago I got an old versioon of BitPim (version 0.7-test7) to work. Now I'm trying again with the latest version (0.8.03) and not having any luck. I've googled extensively for answers, searched various forums and tried a bunch of things, but all to no avail - so I'm hoping someone here can offer some guidance.

My setup:
    - LG VX4400
    - USB to Serial cable (used previously with BitPim, so I know I have
    the right one)
    - PowerMac G5, OS 10.4.3
    - BitPIm 0.8.03

What I've tried:
    - Downloaded and installed ProlificUSBSerialOSX1.0.6.pkg
    - Selected the recommended port (RS-232C) on the phone
    - Tried every port speed possible
    - Manually selected ports in BitPim, as well as auto select.
    - Tried it on a PowerMac, as well as on a PowerBook (with no other USB devices plugged in)

What I get:
    In the log window I get these messages over and over:
    ---
    Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read
    Changing port speed to XXXXX
    -(those 2 lines repeat a few time with the different port speeds in place of XXXXX)-
    No resposne to AT+GMM
    No response to setting QCDMG mode
    ---

Those things just repeat forever.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott