Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Trouble getting Unlock Code for Microsoft Lumia 640

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by NorCal, Oct 30, 2015.

1. NorCal

NorCal New Member

My Phone:
    Microsoft Lumia 640
    What a Nightmare!

I've been trying for a week to get T-Mobile to send my Brother an unlock code for his Microsoft Lumia 640 purchased from WalMart. Was told he has met TM's requirements and they have said three times that the code has been sent out and to wait up to 24 hours but nothing happens. I have checked my ISP Graymail box to see if it got caught there & have double checked with TM to see if they sent it to the correct email address.

Help???

2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    First, are you sure it's not unlocked? Why do you want to unlock it?

3. NorCal

NorCal New Member

My Phone:
    Microsoft Lumia 640
    Was told the device is SIM-locked to the T-Mobile network. Bro previously was with AT&T before he trashed his last phone. T-Mobiles coverage is a lot worse, especially once he gets out in the sticks/country and their CS to date has been pretty awful.

4. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I would try an AT&T SIM card first and see what happens. If that doesn't work, go to a T-Mobile store and tell them you haven't received the unlock code that customer service said they emailed to you. If that doesn't work there are places on the internet that sell unlock codes for phones.

5. NorCal

NorCal New Member

My Phone:
    Microsoft Lumia 640
    Thanks for trying to help, palandri. I tried the SIM out of my AT&T Lumia 520 and it didn't work. I had also called my local TM Store out of desperation and was told they couldn't do squat.

So, after four calls to outsourced CSR's located in the Philippines or some other TW country and having to escalate to Supervisors twice, I had to Google search the T-Mobile Corporate contact number @ 425-378-4000 as a last ditch effort to get help on this. After detailing the failure of their CSR's and explaining that my Brother is suffering from Terminal Cancer and desperately needed his phone to work, I got the help we needed. It took a wonderful lass named Kylie half an hour but she was able to furnish me with an unlock code over the phone, not via email, that worked.

Suffice it to say this ordeal has not left a good impression at all what with the extremely poor performance of the companies outsourced "Customer Service Reps". Shame on T-Mobile for subjecting their customers to BS like that!

6. NorCal

NorCal New Member

My Phone:
    Microsoft Lumia 640
  7. NorCal

NorCal New Member

My Phone:
    Microsoft Lumia 640
    Looks like it's still in the Moderation Que when I log in there but I really doubt they'll let me post it. Whatever - we're done with them and their pitiful CS.

8. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Try this: Tweet the world. Post on Google+ and on TM's Facebook page. That ought to get them off their duff.