Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Trouble Connecting to Wireless Network

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by maniac779, Dec 4, 2004.

1. maniac779

maniac779 New Member

I am having trouble connecting to my wireless network at school.

I have an HP iPAQ 1945. My wireless card is a Sandisk SD Wireless Card.

I am certain that I have the card configured properly as I have been able to connect to the network once, when I orignally set up the card. I am certain the settings are correct. The card also seems to have no problem detecting the wireless networks.

My problem lies in the fact that I can not connect to the network. On my network status page, it simply shows that the network I am trying to connect to is "Available". When I try to connect to it, it attempts it, then simply reverts back to telling me the network is "Available". Also, when I use my network card status utility, is sometimes will show that it is "associating" with the network, but other times it won't.

This is a very frustrating problem and any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    Have you connected to the same WiFi netork with a PC, or any other wireless device?

Have you connected to any other WiFi network with your setup? If you can not connect to a free, unsecure WiFi network when others can, then the problem lies with your set up.

It may be that there is some form of security on the WiFi network at your school. Ask someone else if it has WEP of some other level of security.

3. wrkn4livn

wrkn4livn New Member

I'm also having trouble. I can connect outside, like at a Westin with my wireless iPAQ. The iPAQ finds the source and connects. I did have a WEP on my home network but disabled it so that I could connect with my iPAQ. All other CP in my house can connect to my wireless network,, but not the iPAQ. I know its my iPAQ settings but I have tried just about everthing I can thik of (even looked and the manual!)