Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Treo Pro on Sprint - March 15

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by charlyee, Mar 4, 2009.

1. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Sprint and Palm Announce Upcoming Availability of Treo Pro on America’s Most Dependable 3G Network ​

Elegant Windows Smartphone Supports Blazing-Fast 3G Data Speeds, First Palm Phone to Offer Internet Explorer Mobile 6

SUNNYVALE, Calif. & OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Palm, Inc. and Sprint today announced the upcoming availability of the Treo™ Pro smartphone for the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network on March 15.

Treo Pro will be available through all Sprint retail channels, including Sprint | Palm Treo Pro, 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint retail stores, for $199.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement (after a $100 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate, with an Everything plan with data or a $30 per month or higher data add-on). It also will be available through the Palm Store (Palm Phones - Smartphones, Handhelds, PDAs : Palm USA) and Palm’s B2B sales organization beginning March 16.

Treo Pro is a sleek, full-function smartphone offering users the ease of use and robust features they demand while providing the reliability and manageability IT departments require. With the EV-DO Rev. A speeds of Sprint’s Mobile Broadband Network, Wi-Fi, GPS and Windows Mobile 6.1 capabilities, Treo Pro helps busy professionals stay connected on the go so they can structure their lives around their priorities without sacrificing work productivity.(1)

“Business decision makers require a product that not only integrates seamlessly into their existing IT infrastructures, but one that’s also cost-effective,” said John Traynor, vice president, business products, Palm, Inc. “Treo Pro delivers just that – a feature set that IT managers need to support their mobile work force.”

Treo Pro is the first Palm phone available with Internet Explorer Mobile 6, with options for either a mobile-optimized or desktop-like Internet browsing experience on America’s most dependable 3G network.(2) It blends a high-resolution color touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard with a removable battery that packs up to five hours of talk time and enough strength for the business user’s needs, offering a powerful yet effortless mobile experience. Palm’s Wi-Fi hardware and software innovations on Treo Pro make it easy to get online fast and manage network connections and power usage. The one-touch Wi-Fi button provides a clean, uncluttered Wi-Fi experience that gets Treo Pro users rapidly connected at home, in the office or in Wi-Fi hotspots.

“The combination of Sprint Mobile Broadband with EV-DO (Evolution - Data Optimized) Revision (Rev.) A technology and Windows Mobile 6.1 on a Palm smartphone creates a mobile solution that meets the needs of today’s mobile professionals,” said Kevin Packingham, senior vice president of product & technology development for Sprint. “For years, Sprint, Microsoft and Palm have worked together to provide businesses large and small with an affordable mobile experience that is second to none, and Treo Pro continues that collaborative tradition.”

Source:

PS: For anyone considering the Treo Pro, if being a CDMA device or Sprint being involved has not messed anything up, it has my personal endorsement. My GSM Treo Pro is everything it claims to be and more.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 charlyee, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Re: Treo Pro on Sprint - March 15th.

Hopefully this will make a splash and stir up a little interest to those who think Sprint has been lacking on new technology recently.

3. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    Re: Palm Treo Pro Details & Fact Sheet

Treo™ Pro Smartphone by Palm Factsheet

Stylish Productivity that Fits in Your Hand

Combining a large touch screen and full QWERTY keyboard in an elegant, sleek design with the blazingly fast speeds of Sprint’s EV-DO Rev. A Mobile Broadband Network, Treo Pro smartphone by Palm makes it easier to get things done on the go. Treo Pro offers Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition, supports Microsoft Direct Push Technology for up-to-date email, contacts and calendars1and is the first Palm phone available with Internet Explorer Mobile 6, with options for either mobile-optimized or desktop-like Internet browsing. Treo Pro helps busy professionals stay connected on the go so they can structure their lives around their priorities without sacrificing work productivity, and provides the reliability and manageability IT departments require.

PRODUCTIVITY:

Microsoft Office Mobile Suite for easy file management enables easy downloading, viewing and editing of Microsoft Word and Excel files; rehearse PowerPoint presentations anywhere; consult PDFs and Zip attachments on the go
    Microsoft ActiveSync® technology offers one of the best PC-to-mobile device sync experiences, making it easier to configure with faster data transfer and sync accuracy
    Sprint Navigation with GPS-enabled turn-by-turn driving directions, traffic rerouting and more than 10 million local listings
    Built-in Wi-Fi features one-touch access to 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi2
    Sprint TV® with an extensive selection of live and on-demand programming3
    Sprint Music StoreSM allowing users to wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone for just 99 cents each3
    Several streaming-radio applications, including Sprint Radio with more than 150 channels3
    Integrated 2.0 megapixel camera/camcorder with up to 8x digital zoom and video capture
    Expandable Memory for MicroSDHC cards up to 16 GB
    Bluetooth® enables hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer
    Speakerphone makes safe, hands-free conversations always available

SPECIFICATIONS:

Display: 320 x 320 transflective color TFT 1.74" w x 1.74" h touch screen Dimensions: 4.49’’ x 2.36’’ x 0.54 ;’’ 4.69 ounces
    Battery: Removable 1500 mAh lithium-ion; approximately 5 hours of talk time
    Network: CDMA2000 EV-DO Rev. A; backward compatible 1XRTT and IS95

For more information, visit Sprint | Palm Treo Pro.

1Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN may be required.

2 Within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage. Email, web, and GPS require an account and data services at additional cost. GPS coverage not available in all areas at all times.

3 Within wireless coverage area only. Additional fees may be required for some services.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Re: Palm Treo Pro Details & Fact Sheet

Some Best Buy Stores are already selling them. The store by the Westminster Mall (CA) has them for $249.

The reviews on it so far have been so-so. But most reviews were done with the version that was pulled last second to fix a memory issue. With that Palm still is stingy on memory with this device. Their is much more HTC infuence with this device, no tipical WM Palm customization like on the 700w/wx & 750. :(

5. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Those early units were a problem & BB should have never sold them. I agree the Palm customization is very little & I wish it wasn't so. Other than that I like my GTP very much, as you know it does have more available memory than the STP. :)

Palm850/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

#5 charlyee, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  6. silverado

silverado Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9900

how do you think this compares to a blackberry, an htc touch pro or the pre ?

7. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Is their certain things you would like to know about each, because that question is like comparing apples to oranges.

And yes, I was able to pick one up today. :D

8. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell

CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. After you have enough time with it, could you please post a review.

Have fun playing with your new toy. :)

9. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

It's been fun so far. I really like the screen saver, 3.5mm jack, form factor.

The only issue I have had so far is that it froze up once while running WMP. :(

10. lely

lely New Member

I think I'll wait for the Palm Pre. How I love my palms...:)