Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Treo 700wx Contacts Compatibility with Audi A4 Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by mbressman, Oct 1, 2006.

1. mbressman

mbressman New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hi All,

Anyone had any luck getting the Sprint Treo 700wx (or the Verizon Treo 700w - since they're basically the same phone) to download its phone book (Windows Mobile 5 Contacts) to the 2006 Audi A4? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Marc

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Won't happen, that requires OBEX Bluetooth Service which Verizon Disables (I believe Sprint may as well.) Techdirt discussion on this
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20060112/082257_F.shtml
    I'm researching a registry edit for this and will post steps for you to enable OBEX as soon as I can.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mbressman

mbressman New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I actually found a piece of software that will allow it to work: http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

I tested it with the Treo 700wx and the Audi A4 and it downloaded my contacts into the Audi...it was awesome!

By the way, I'm confused by what you mean with respect to the OBEX Bluetooth service. It was my understanding that this service was not disabled...are you sure it is disabled on Sprint phones? Check out the following:
    http://kb.pcsintel.com/index.php?title=HTC/UTStarcom_(Sprint)#PPC-6700 (under PPC 6700 under known issues - it specifically states that OBEX is enabled and available)

4. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Keep in mind we're talking 2 different manufacturers here, as to my understand Palm Disabled OBEX on the CDMA Treo's, I may very well be wrong however.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mbressman

mbressman New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Oh, I thought you meant the carrier had asked for OBEX to be disabled on all phones. Still...that would completely suck if OBEX was disabled on the Treo...any way to test it to see if thats the case or not...I have the Treo in front of me right now...