Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Tracfone Prepaid Wireless?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anybody have an opinion on Tracfone? Is this a new plan?

Thanks

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Tracfones haves been around for a while. Other dicussions have taken place here before, but I think that was before WirelessAdvisor's upgraded the board software.

Their website is here: http://www.tracfone.com/home_page.jsp

Typically, they sell a lower-end analog-only phone.

What is your interest? Are you looking for pre-paid cell service, a phone for emergency use only, or just general info.?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I know they now sell a Digital Tri-Mode Nokia phone Kevin I know its a Nokia 5100 series although I am not sure what technology it works on or the specific model number but I have seen it before at Target and Super Wal-Mart. I think its on there website as well not sure haven't checked it yet. I wouldn't go with them there rates are pretty high you can find a better and cheaper pre-paid service through Verizon Wireless or Cingular Wireless. I'd have to recommend Verizon Wireless's prepaid service they have the largest nationwide network and right now there pre-paid service is really about the cheapest that you can buy it's called FreeUP check it out.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/splash/freeup/splash.html

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The digital Nokia's TracFone uses are the 5165 and 5180. I think TracFone disabled text messages, even incoming. TracFone's rates are kind of high, but I guess it's good that you can buy a 1 year card from them and not have to worry about adding min every 1-2 months.