Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Towerco (sprint towers)

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by blahblah92, Aug 21, 2011.

1. blahblah92

blahblah92 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung exclaim
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    So I was curious to know a little bit more about some towers in my area, and remembered sprint had sold many towers to towerco a few years back. Of course you have to register and everything, but once i did so, i checked out the site.
    While looking into some information on some towers in my area, i noticed that it seems all towers in which have sprint PCS on them have a word document under resources with the name of Sprint Reconfiguration Application. I guess its just a form with information about maintenance and changes that sprint does. But while browsing in it i found this:

Network Vision Installation? Yes □ No □

LightSquared or 1.6 Megahertz Installation? Yes □ No □

Removing WiMax or Clearwire Equipment? Yes □ No □

Removing iDEN Equipment? Yes □ No □[B/]

especially the removing wimax equipment had me curious, as right above it it mentions lighsquared. This gets me wondering if they are going to begin building out LTE some time soon, as well as phasing out Nextel and replacing the iden panels for cdma? What do you all think? :)

2. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Hahah you must be Yankee368's long lost cousin!

They made those forms to simply some of the common requests that Sprint was sending them. Sprint deployed a ton of Clearwire antennas but the markets were never turned up but they're paying the rent on those antennas. Time to yank them out and save the money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    I heard that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  4. blahblah92

blahblah92 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung exclaim
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    What about the light squared part though? :p
    To me it sounds like something good will come

5. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Yeah it should be. Sprint and Lightsquared are working together on LTE and they plan on using a lot of the Sprint sites for housing the Lightsquared equipment though I don't know anything solid on a deployment plan yet.

6. blahblah92

blahblah92 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung exclaim
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    sounds good to me. I no this is a bit off from originally asked, but what cell company would be expanding, upgrading, and replacing panels in a small city like naples? I dont see LTE coming here, so whats going on? i've seen a tower being worked on, and two other towers with new panels.

Edit: so apparently, just south of cape coral, fl has some 4g coverage but nowhere near me. (verizon wireless)

#6 blahblah92, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011