Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Tower Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by Steve B, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Plus - Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I believe this to be AT&T's monopole a block away from my house. They are obviously doing something to it since the top half is exposed now. Can anyone here tell me what they might be doing to it?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    It's hard to say just by looking at it. Maybe one of the TMA's (Tower Mounted Amplifiers, the little gray box) got damaged and needed to be replaced. Or maybe some water got into one of the cables and needs to be replaced. Or maybe the antenna was only single band (ie: 1900Mhz) and they are adding a second band to it (eg. 800Mhz) and need to swap the antenna out. Hard to say, could be anything really.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Plus - Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was curious. It's been exposed like that now for at least a week.

4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I guess the field-service guy is taking a long lunch? :p ...or more likely waiting for some parts to come in?

5. Steve B

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Plus - Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, yesterday they added another set of long panels below the top ones you see in the picture. So I'm guessing LTE upgrade.

nmt likes this.