Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Tool for finding sites

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by Jonathan Kramer, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Jonathan Kramer

Jonathan Kramer Telecom Atty/RF Engr.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (as of 8/13/08)
    I just received an email from the PCIA with a link to a new site locating tool,

TowerMLS: Index

A good starting point for new hunters, and hunters of camo sites (like yours truly).

jlk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    4 people like this.
  2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    :) You just know I will be wasting several hours on this site today. I shal be clicking the Thanks button for this post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. broadcast9

broadcast9 New Member

Be careful with TowerMLS. It was started by a tower company executive at one of the large tower companies. It is by no means a complete listing of cell tower locations. There are also companies that have included their unbuilt sites on the list- but suggest that there are actually towers at the locations. Thus, while TowerMLS may report that there is a tower at a location- there actually isn't one.

4. envgeek

envgeek New Member

My Phone:
    TMO MyPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMO
    American Tower is an ok site finder, but it's limited to those sites american tower built or owns.

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I use Antennasearch.com, but it can be combersome. Towermls.com is simpler to use and less chaotic:D

6. Der84

Der84 EH!

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers (2007-2011) Bell (2011-present)
    I actually like American Tower because they even give you pictures to go along with their sites. Not too many others do that.