Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Too funny...Apple credit card

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Aug 23, 2019.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    From Apple's support page on how to handle the new titanium credit card from Apple. I have one on the way....I think Ive's got carried away on this one!

"
    How to clean your Apple Card
    See how to protect and maintain the condition of your titanium Apple Card.

[​IMG]

About the titanium Apple Card
    The titanium Apple Card1 is laser-etched with the card holder's name and the Apple logo. A white finish is achieved through a multi-layer coating process that's added to the titanium base material.

If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with hard surfaces or materials, it's possible that the coating can be damaged.

[​IMG]

How to clean your titanium Apple Card
    If your titanium Apple Card comes into contact with contaminants that can cause stains, follow these steps to clean your card:

1. Gently wipe with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free microfiber cloth.
    2. Moisten a soft, microfiber cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe the card.
    Don't use window or household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives to clean your titanium Apple Card.

Some fabrics, like leather and denim, might cause permanent discoloration that will not wash off.

[​IMG]

How to safely store and carry your titanium Apple Card
    • Store your titanium Apple Card in a wallet, pocket, or bag made of soft materials.
    • Place your card in a slot in your wallet or billfold without touching another credit card. If two credit cards are placed in the same slot your card could become scratched.
    • Don't place or store your titanium Apple Card card near magnets. If your card is placed close to a magnetic latch on a purse or bag, the magnetic strip can become demagnetized.
    • Don't place your titanium Apple Card in a pocket or bag that contains loose change, keys, or other potentially abrasive objects.

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    A co-worker has one, don't think he goes through all that trouble in taking care of it :) One interesting thing to note about the Apple Card is that the chip doesn't require any cardholder verification to take place. Most cards will support one or more methods including signature and/or PIN, but this one doesn't have anything in the list.

3. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    My physical card should be here in a day or two. I'm not sure what you mean. Depending upon the store, most now don't need a signature; other do. isn't that defined by the merchant?

4. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    It's a negotiation between the two. For example, an unattended train station kiosk in Europe may only support offline PIN and will reject any credit card that doesn't support that. The merchant's terminal has a list of verifications it supports and so does the card, they're supposed to find the first one that matches and use that. That's why my PIN-preferring card will occasionally run as a signature (if the merchant doesn't support PIN). A lot of times at grocery stores there's no verification for amounts less than $50. The whole thing is only important in the light of the liability shift that happened a while ago.

viewfly likes this.