Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Tolls

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by ZaphodB, Dec 19, 2003.

1. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    So we're flying to BWI on Monday morning and driving up to New Jersey, since I had free Southwest tickets and it's only like a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive. I went to go look up the tolls to see how much to bring with me... it's FIFTEEN @$%#ing DOLLARS EACH WAY.

$2 for the Harbour Tunnel in Baltimore, $5 for I-95 in Maryland (!!), $2 for the eight bloody miles of I-95 in Delaware, $3 for the Del Mem Br, and $3.10 on the NJ Turnpike. Now, I know I can avoid some of the toll on the Turnpike by taking I-295 to I-195 and getting on the Turnpike at exit 7A, thus making the toll $1.00 instead of $3.10, but I can't see any way to avoid the other tolls. And FIVE BLOODY DOLLARS TO DRIVE IN MARYLAND?! They should pay ME to drive through Maryland.

Grrrrrr. Around here, toll roads are merely convenient shortcuts with little traffic... the 73, for example, or the toll lanes of the 91. You pay a toll to go faster, which is fine with me... and I grew up in New Jersey and there's almost always a way to avoid tolls if you're cheap like me... but still...grrrrrr...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Yeah...ZaphodB, and the best part about it is..the road you will be driving on paying all that money will probably be in the worst shape. [​IMG]

3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Heck, I used to pay that much on the Florida Turnpike when I lived in Gainesville and drove down to Boca Raton to visit my Grandmother. Of course that was about a 5 hour drive.

4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    zap, welcome to my world [​IMG]

The harbor tunnel was $1 until last month, and the JFK toll was $4 until last month. It was $2 as recently as 2001 IIRC.

you must be heading in the same general direction I am. I'll be heading north on the GSP for two more 35 cent tolls and end up near bobolito.

BTW I take 295 to 195 every time I make this trip in NJ. I like the relief. Lots less cars.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

I will defend Maryland and Delaware slightly here. At least the roads are good, except around Balto where they are concrete.

Even so, the tolls we pay finance projects around the state. they take advantage of the millions of people who travel I-95 throughout the year.

6. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    maybe i should build a toll road [​IMG]

7. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Yes, I'm headed up to Woodbridge ("where the Turnpike and Parkway cross")...

Bloody tolls. I'm half tempted to take 295 to 1.

8. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    My husband & I use the California toll roads daily (although different ones!). I can't live without the 91 FastTrak...otherwise I'd be leaving at 5:00am to be at work by 7:00am. My husband takes the 241/133 route. Between the 2 of us, I figure we spend about $225/mo.

Crazy you say?? [​IMG] Maybe...but living in Orange county is crazier...My mortgage is less than what most people pay in rent, & the sanity, gas & brake wear-and-tear makes the fees worth it...

I wishing for the day when California implements a system like London's Tube or Paris' Metro or San Francisco's BART or...well.. you get the idea [​IMG]

9. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    make it impossible for people to drive by your house without using your driveway. then charge them each $1.50 to pass.