Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

To err is human. To really skew up, it takes a computer

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by KevinJames, Sep 24, 2015.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    JFB likes this.
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I feel lucky now.

our3rotts likes this.
  3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    One of the reasons that I left AT&T in the mid 90's was constant billing errors. This was back before data and when roaming charges were rampant. AT&T came out with a 500 anytime, anywhere minutes for I think $69 or $89 a month, which would eliminate roaming charges.

I would use between 300 and 400 minutes per month, but every bill came with 3 to 5 roaming charges. I would call AT&T every month about them and they would apologize and tell me that they would be corrected on the next bill. I would get my next bill and I would have credit for like 2 or 3 of the 5 roaming charges, and would have 3 to 5 new roaming charges. After like 6 months of this I gave up and dumped AT&T.

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @palandri: I think the billing (bullying? LOL) of many companies back then were messed up. Around 2002 I decided to give Verizon a try, leaving AT&T. That lasted a couple months due not only to constant, chronic roaming error charges, but getting "not authorized to use the network" recordings when I was traveling down hwy 99 (central CA).

My daughter and her husband were on Verizon and paying up to 3-times what their bill should have been. They thought it was "normal." When I reviewed the bill I discovered they were erroneously being charged roaming charges even in their home town. Then, as I looked at the charges line by line, they were being charged for hitting towers that were more than a 100 miles from anywhere they'd been. Almost every line charge had a corresponding roaming charge. With their authorization, I called Verizon billing and got several hundred dollars refunded for them. They subsequently dumped Verizon.