Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

To buy or not to buy, that is the question

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Aug 18, 2015.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It sure is! I called around and found that a best buy in the area that has a display model of the Motorola so I can at least see in person hopefully. Then to add to it I also got an invite for the one plus two phone. So confused! LOL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    palandri likes this.
  2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Kjo,

I have the Motorola X Pure and I am liking it. It is almost completely stock Android except for a few things that they do well. The phone is really nice and I definitely recommend it. I am coming from a Nexus 6 and I think the display is a good size for the X Pure. It seems smaller than it does considering it is a 5.7" screen. The Moto display feature is nice where it gives you a quick glance at your notifications even when the display is off. You can always turn this feature off. Another benefit is there are a ton of customization options on the Moto Maker website for the X Pure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    kjo likes this.
  3. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Oh my gosh thank you for answering! Yes I love the fact I can customize and I've heard really good things online but hadn't talked to anyone who had the phone. One of the gents yesterday had the original one plus one and liked it but didn't know much about the new one. May I ask please @Gamer03 how is the sound quality? I'm thinking that's probably the reason why I want to see and hear it it in person. Like the earpiece volume, etc. I know the exterior speaker sound is probably great with the dual speakers but if I can't hear someone talk on it very well then I'm in trouble. LOL. Thank you again for replying. It's so appreciated to talk to someone who actually has the phone.

4. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    In my opinion, the sound quality is really nice. I think it is loud enough for me. The dual stereo speakers are nice especially for ringtones and when watching YouTube videos. Like you mentioned, if I were you I would go into a Best Buy store that has one and play around with the phone. I believe you have 30 days after buying it before you have to return the phone. If I were you, I would check this just to make sure.

kjo likes this.
  5. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thank you :). Yes I'm hoping to go in tomorrow. Hoping it's a "live" display. Good to know I will double check about policy on returns and such.

6. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I ordered my phone yesterday. Went with X Pure. Also spent a little more and got the 32gb version. Here's hoping it ends up being a great phone! Not scheduled to receive it until end of the month. Now I gotta look into a good clear case and screen protector so I can order and have them here ready to go!

charlyee likes this.
  7. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 6 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Enjoy!
    Still waiting for the Xperia Z5 Compact to be announced in the U.S.

kjo likes this.
  8. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hi Kjo, enjoy your new phone and good seeing you here again. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6s

kjo likes this.
  9. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Why thank you! Hope you are doing well. I'm still recovering from my 2nd spine surgery within 10 months. It's been a very crazy painful last few years :(. But still always keeping my eye on the mobile world :)

10. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If this isn't the right place forgive me. I found several awesome thin tpu cases for my phone however wondering about the screen protector. I'm leaning towards a tempered glass one. Folsom brand? Iq shield? I know one said 9H strength. 0.18 thick and the other was .40. I'm just wanting to make sure this screen is well protected. Never had a huge screen phone like this. I'm not a phone dropper but I know there is always the chance. Just trying to protect my investment. Any thoughts or tips greatly appreciated :)

11. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    This is just my opinion, but I doubt that a thin TPU case is going to give you much drop protection. You really need a two piece, soft rubber/hard plastic case. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...x pure case&qid=1445186617&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7

Or an Otterbox like this:

http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/moto-...var_mot2-moto-x-pure-edition_color=20#start=1

I haven't used a screen protector in a long time. Gorilla Glass has always been good for me and I haven't had a scratch or a ding on any of my screens going all the way back to my Nokia N8.

For what it's worth :)

kjo likes this.
  12. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    @kjo, congrats on your new phone- always fun getting a new one.

I agree with palandri. I think otter box may be overkill if you don't drop phones. A thick TPU case from Spigen would fit the bill, or similar.

Over in the Apple section there is a thread on cases that will apply in general and may be helpful to you.

A case with a lip, I don't think needs a screen protector. Unless you keep your phone in a purse or such jangling with sharp objects and dirt.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kjo likes this.
  13. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Kjo, I haven't used a screen protector ever since the screen's were made of gorilla glass or equal.

As others have said, a screen with a lip will protect the screen if laid face down.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

kjo likes this.