Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Tmobile lied to me!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by huangi, Aug 2, 2006.

1. huangi

huangi New Member

Hi all,

I got a question here that I hope some of you might be able to help me.
    Over 1 year ago I started a family plan with Tmobile, two numbers, one for me and one for my friend. about 6 month ago, my phone died from water damage, so I take it to the store and ask how much it will cost to fix it, the guy tells me since I have been with Tmobile long enough, I can get a new phone for free. great! the phone I got was Nokia 6010, the basic phone i think, which i know is cheap anyways. so i got the new phone and goes home. now my friend wants to get her own account and want me to do a change of responsibility to her name. so i did it, but the service rep told me that the number my friend has has an contract extension until 2008!! so apparently when I went into the store to get my phone checked out, the new phone was free only if the contract was extened to 2008, but he didn't tell me that! nor did i sign any new paper work. worst of all, he put the extension on my friend's phone number because that's the number I told him when he needed to access my account. I didn't remember my own number so i gave him my friend's. I figured both are under my name anyways. but now the rep says the contract stays, and stays with my friend's phone number. :mad: come on!

2. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Was this at an actual TMobile store? Or an agent?

He didn't lie, he just failed to disclose all the fine print :D Personally, I'd call up TMobile and ask for more info into this and complain. You probably won't get out of the contract but they may offer a compromise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. huangi

huangi New Member

well, it was an actual Tmobile store I went to. I called them earlier, they promised to call back and let me know what they can do, so far no return call yet :confused: it just seems to me like some policies doesn't make sense, even if he forgot to mention the fine lines, at least the fine lines ought to be logical right?

4. anchorman

anchorman New Member

There has to something stating that you agree to the 2 year extension. It would have had to signed in writing or, if over the phone, they would do a voice recording with you stating you agree to the new terms.

So the question is when you were in the store did you sign anything?