Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

TM520 for verizon in NYC?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by nuubee, Oct 14, 2002.

1. nuubee

nuubee New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a VX10 from Radio Shack. (my first cell phone!) Although I like it so far, I've kept investivgating and found that the TM520 is very similar but it has voice dialing and voice recording - both of which sound great! I'm still within the 15day return/exchange period so I've been calling many Radio Shacks, but no one seems to have it. The Verizon Wireless customer service line did not know much about it yet. Does anyone know where I can find one in the NYC area so I can compare?

Thanks so much!

2. i27e

i27e Member

i believe Verizon the store on 81Sst and bway has this phone. However, i personally would not recomend swiching. I agree with you that the VX10 should have voice features but the phone book system on the TM520 is very confusing and not very good, (for instance it cannot list contacts in alphabetical order) Plus the VX10 in enabled with Verizon's new Get It Now technology and hopefully there will be more programs out for it. I have a very old StarTac (it even says "Bell Atlantic Mobile" on it) and once i see the promotions for November i will then buy a VX10

3. i27e

i27e Member

4. nuubee

nuubee New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check it out and compare. I'll let you know what I come up with. ps.. I did not see the tm520 on verizonwireless.com yet (I very well could have missed it), but I'll keep an eye out!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

The tm-520 (also known as the vx1) is not available on the verizon wireless website. The vx1 was replaced by the vx10. The vx1 had problems (i.e. low ringer volume). LG came out with the vx10 to fix these problems. The vx1 and vx10 both have voice dialing and an alphabetized phone book.

Perhaps you are referring to the tm-510. This has neither an alphabetized phone book nor voice dialing. It is a very nice phone thought. A little thick, but very solid. Battery life is so-so.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I read somewhere that the TM520 and the VX10 are the same phone, except that the 520 has voice dialing. However it also said the 520 is only available in Canada.

7. nuubee

nuubee New Member

Ah Ha! That would explain why everyone is looking at me funny when I ask about the TM 520! I like my VX10 very much, so voice dialing will have to wait.

Thanks!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I will be more then happy to clear up all the confusion... I work for VW so I know I can...

The LG520 is the LG VX1 and the LG VX10. Sprints version is called the LG 520 But does include Voice dialing.

LG 510 has Voice Dialing and phonelist
    LG VX1 DOES NOT HAVE VOICE DIALING. (I know Becuase I own One in the Sactown market)
    LG VX10 is the same phone as LG VX1 Except it had Get It Now Browser Installed into it. Still no Voice Dialing.

However. Verizon Started offering the new Voice Activated Dialing Service to there pricing this Fall. So even if your phone doens't have it. You can still get it as a feature of your service. Unfortunatly though it is on a pay per use basis or Bundle package deal. And you use airtime if you complete calls through it at the point you connect.